Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 02-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Boost Engineer

Just a suggestion and then I will leave this thread since you brought up your time in a fast car.

The first year that Marty P's car was out, the chassis builder Jeff Covey drove the car.
Jeff had built several Pro Mod cars before that and also had a car of his own so he was a good choice to sort out the chassis and engine combination.

In the mean time, Marty went to Roy Hill's driving school and was certified on a 7.20 NA (pro stock) type car. So then the second year Marty spent a lot of time doing just what you are doing, (taking what he learned from Roy Hill about how to properly launch the car, 60 ft the car, 330 the car, etc.)

Eventually Marty ran in the 6s and went over 200 mph with the car.

So there is a learning curve there.

My point is don't let anyone rush you into things on driving the car or getting it sorted out. Your car will be too fast for that deal.

JMT Good Luck.

Tom V

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
You talking about Ryan and Mark Micke ?
Yep......really dang good guys! Pretty knowledgeable IMO.....and they pretty much live in JDW's back yard. I just thought they would be good guys for him to get in touch with.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.854@160.12 in Brainerd MN 7/2024

Last edited by S/st 54; 02-19-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=mike leech;5138442]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw_poncho View Post

yeah...ok...i think you just pulled the wool off your own eyes, and few others...some of us have been at this a while.

Was the kinsler thread ridiculous? yes. At the end of norwalk We'll see who's joke thread comes closer. I bet wilke peeing on jacks tire is very likely. Jacks gotta sleep sometime.

Seriously I hope you have a lot better time tuning and running that thing. It should be a beast. Like I said keep us posted sounds like some good hardware.
I'll have to go east to to pee on Jacks tires. My son announced his wedding date Tuesday...No Norwalk for me

Old 02-21-2014, 09:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Tell him to move the wedding date!

WTF is wrong with him? Norwalk, really?

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 02-22-2014, 01:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Saw Jeff eating a fried pickle today, not sure what that means.

2023 Best ET Slip
60’ 1.224
330 3.186
1/8 4.784
MPH 152.07
1000 6.175
ET 7.347
MPH 189.92
Weight 3650

YouTube Channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC21...rWwgFdfTRqShGQ

FaceBook Group --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/220092308823847/
Old 02-22-2014, 02:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Tell him to move the wedding date!

WTF is wrong with him? Norwalk, really?
obviously not a Pontiac guy!!!!

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 02-22-2014, 04:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
Yep......really dang good guys! Pretty knowledgeable IMO.....and they pretty much live in JDW's back yard. I just thought they would be good guys for him to get in touch with.

Yes good people, customers of mine back when they were running the Red Camaro. Only dealt with Ryan though.

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 03-14-2014, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I have a few questions hope a few can help me find my way.

If an aluminum lug nut can be torqued to 100 ft/lbs for an aluminum wheel, why cant I use them on my aluminum heads?

Can I "double nut" them to add strength?

Wouldnt the nut expand at the same rate as my head?

Im assuming the "smart" guys will read this thread and hopeully be able to comprehend the observations I've outlined below. Feel free to comment as needed.

Kinsler might come to norwalk but only wants to race fast cars to the 1/8. Ok, I can handle that.... Im sure if I win in the 1/8, it will feel the same if I beat him in the 1/4.

Lil "talk-smack" Jack is scared of finally getting beat by a head that isnt a billet so he decided to just bring a car to "show off". Im assuming since he is gong to the car show side he will be drinking fuu fuu drinks with an umbrella in it.

Wreak " my rods" master decided if LilJack is scared he might as well quit replacing parts in his car and just polish it on the car show side. Im assuming he will partake in the fuu fuu drinks as well. All in all. Im betting he will be the only fast car door car at norwalk and will probably beat Lil "talk-smack" Jack in the car show. Excluding the promod and prostock cars.

P- " I wish I was" dude seems to be thinking he will be a "come back harry" and probably run low 9's while playing footies with Ray all the while they are talking smack about how is was robbed on a set of heads once apon a time...

Mike "listen-to-me" Leech will be making rounds and shoving his fist in the air proclaiming he is the "smartest man in the universe!" But will still put stipulations on only racing a n/a engine just to prove he is right.

"Marshmello" Marcello wont be racing because he wants to show off a SB2 and wont bring anything to the pontiac fight. But if he brings more stickers to norwalk I would try to pick a few up if Im not too busy.

Bankbook will probably come out swinging and lay down some good numbers.

JDW_PONCHO will probably have his big bad twin turbo car there and will probably have to pick a fight with Big chief just to get a race.

Im betting there will be a 2nd gen CV1 car there that will hurt a few N/A feelings

Hooter will be testing for Drag week. If he does well I might just sponsor him and build a bad ass N/A just to go pick on "Mike listen-to-me Leeh".

Bruce Wilkie will be there peeing on Lil "talk-smack" Jack's rims on the car how side after drinking some cheap tequila.

RAIV-5 will have his twin turbo street car there and probably show everyone up.

I have many more but Im getting tired of typing, the car needs my attention.
Dam Nut Swingers.
Come to the Mountain West where no one ware's SWEATPANTS. And the Bull Sh_t's on the OUT SIDE OF THE BOOTS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJw2t6Fz29Y

Old 03-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

re-due
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glb2U6y-GdU

Old 03-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
I have a few questions hope a few can help me find my way.

If an aluminum lug nut can be torqued to 100 ft/lbs for an aluminum wheel, why cant I use them on my aluminum heads?

Can I "double nut" them to add strength?

Wouldnt the nut expand at the same rate as my head?

Im assuming the "smart" guys will read this thread and hopeully be able to comprehend the observations I've outlined below. Feel free to comment as needed.

I have many more but Im getting tired of typing, the car needs my attention.
Are you getting these SIMPLE questions from Stan?

http://www.pcbloadtorque.com/pdfs/te...queTension.pdf

Read that and you can answer the Simple questions above.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.