Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 06-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPMESQ View Post
I have not registered; can I just register at show?
Absolutely!!
Registration is from 8:00am till Noon.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

At Englishtown many years ago we affectionately called the hamburgers and fries as quarter mile pounders and drag fries, but your selections are better, love it!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 PM

We are supposed to get about 2 inches of rain on Thursday, do you have a back up plan for the Pontiac's if the field is a mud bog?

Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobslilgto View Post
We are supposed to get about 2 inches of rain on Thursday, do you have a back up plan for the Pontiac's if the field is a mud bog?
Bob, aren't you the one that was nervous about the grass last year? Anyway, it was also suppose to rain like mad today and it never did.

Now assuming it does, the entire street is closed this year. If the grass areas are soft, everyone goes on the street.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:44 PM

Incorrect, I'm not the nervous one I have some friends with trailer queens in Jersey and they drive them from my house in Bucks to your show. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:20 AM

maybe a dumb question, but I've got some gift certs from PY and a little cash and I want to pickup some parts (emblems and such). You guys open for business too on Saturday? If so, what hours? Hate to drive up there only to come home empty handed...lol

Old 06-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Definitely open for business Saturday 9am-4pm. Offering some great discounts too!

If you want to beat the lines and get your parts right away, call in your order today and we'll have it ready!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:47 AM

Weather looks great! Last year I remember it being very hot!! (got some major sunburn haha). Looks like I'll be taking the turnpike instead of 422. It will take me down towards KOP and then back up towards the show. Its about an hour and 15, I will probably get on the road around 730. Hopefully I'll see some people on the road.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden 66 View Post
Weather looks great! Last year I remember it being very hot!! (got some major sunburn haha).
Yeah, I got burnt last year also. There was too much to see to stay in the shade all day.
I recommend everyone use some sunblock.

Steve

Old 06-12-2013, 12:38 PM

Default Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm_fan View Post
Absolutely!!
Registration is from 8:00am till Noon.
Any place to park a trailer?

What is the layout?

I thought it was a large parking lot but see the references to parking on grass...

1969 GTO Convertible
1970 Torino GT 429/SCJ
1968 Corvette 427/435hp
1998 Corvette Pace Car
2015 Challenger FF R/T Classic
Old 06-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPMESQ View Post
Any place to park a trailer?

What is the layout?

I thought it was a large parking lot but see the references to parking on grass...
There is plenty of room for trailer parking and unloading behind our building.

Here is the event map for this year.

We plan to park the Pontiacs in the street and in the grass across the street from our building. We parked them in the grass last year and it worked out great (it wasn't nearly as hot as the paved areas).

Steve

Old 06-12-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Sorry MaryAnn, we're not actually doing a BBQ this year. The PY Forums Member Reunion, which has been a BBQ the past 2 years, will be a gathering at Margaritas on Friday night.

Steve
Well it's on the open house page?? in two places. Guess I won't be making sticky bunns this year. FRIDAY NIGHT CRUISE:

On Friday night, we invite everyone to join us on a short cruise down Lansdale's historic Main Street. Those of us who are locals nostalgically remember cruising this same street when today's "classics" were new. This is a casual cruise we expect to start around 5:30pm, details and directions will be provided at the event.

After completing the cruise route, the cruisers will be directed back to our headquarters for a complimentary BBQ. We know this opportunity will allow us to meet, greet and hang-out with many of the customers we don’t get to interact with. Plus, to allow our customers to meet each other, share knowledge and show off your rides.

Tons of food and drink will be available at this BBQ style gathering. Eating, drinking and BSing will start around 6:30pm on Friday night and continue until everyone is so stuffed (or inebriated) they can no longer move under their own power.

I guess you guys changed this?

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 06-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
Well it's on the open house page?? in two places. Guess I won't be making sticky bunns this year. FRIDAY NIGHT CRUISE:

On Friday night, we invite everyone to join us on a short cruise down Lansdale's historic Main Street. Those of us who are locals nostalgically remember cruising this same street when today's "classics" were new. This is a casual cruise we expect to start around 5:30pm, details and directions will be provided at the event.

After completing the cruise route, the cruisers will be directed back to our headquarters for a complimentary BBQ. We know this opportunity will allow us to meet, greet and hang-out with many of the customers we don’t get to interact with. Plus, to allow our customers to meet each other, share knowledge and show off your rides.

Tons of food and drink will be available at this BBQ style gathering. Eating, drinking and BSing will start around 6:30pm on Friday night and continue until everyone is so stuffed (or inebriated) they can no longer move under their own power.

As always, you are 100% correct, MaryAnn. The event page did say that (until a few minutes ago).
It looks like this was my mistake. We had previously planned on having the BBQ but once we got confirmation from Margaritas, we changed the plan. This is something that I should have corrected weeks ago. I'm sorry for the confusion.

But don't let that stop you from making and bringing sticky bunns. I'm sure they are just as tasty with Saturday breakfast as they would be after Friday dinner.

Steve

Old 06-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
There is plenty of room for trailer parking and unloading behind our building.

Here is the event map for this year.

We plan to park the Pontiacs in the street and in the grass across the street from our building. We parked them in the grass last year and it worked out great (it wasn't nearly as hot as the paved areas).

Steve
Do ALL cars registered or not come in the green arrow entrance ? Also area E is that for just Pontiac's like last year as well as the street ? Is the parking on the st. 1st. come basis ? thank you

Old 06-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure if this is a good spot for these questions but here goes;
I don't have a tow vehicle this weekend so looks like I won't be bringing the 350HO to Maple Grove after all (too far to drive it if I'm gonna run it too). My 15 yo son who is into the Pontiac hobby (his car is the red convertible below) really wanted to see what the HO could do. We attended last year and he loved the PY open house and races on Sunday (and The Boss' burnouts in the parking lot!).
So my question is can you run a convertible with the top down at the dragstrip? Might not be aerodynamically the best way to go but I thought that maybe, for the sake of his (our) interest, we would run my wife's Solstice GXP down the track. I know, it's a chick car, but damn the thing is fast. I ask about the top down because that is the only way I can fit in the thing lol. Also I would imagine a helmet is mandatory (top up or down). Is there a special rating the helmet must be?
Downside to taking the Solstice is no bumpers, hood, etc. like I got last year. Gonna pick up some small stuff though from the open house.
Thanks,
Dave

Old 06-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
Do ALL cars registered or not come in the green arrow entrance ? Also area E is that for just Pontiac's like last year as well as the street ? Is the parking on the st. 1st. come basis ? thank you
Chris, As it stands now, all pontiacs follow the green arrow entrance. Since this is a judged show, the classes and their locations must be determined prior to the show. In fact, two of our guys are out in the showfield right now in the dark lining the field and the street!

So when you arrive at registration, you will be guided to either a grass or paved spot. It's just the luck of the draw. It's just impossible to accomodate everyone's preference during a car show. However, we are very conscious of the weather and will do everything in our power to not make owners drive their cars through mud. Therefore, in anticipation of wet grounds in low lying areas, we're expanding the cars parked on the street and reducing the cars parked on the grass (area E is all Pontiac). Due to the overwhelming response, It's just unavoidable that some cars will be parked on the grass. All cars, simply won't fit on the street in a 'car show' environment. If it was a cruise-in, that would be a different story. So stay tuned but the grass area is very thick grass and most of what we're planning on utilizing is very high ground and should be fine to drive on.

The good news is that the weather for Friday and especially Saturday is looking spectacular.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrainer View Post
Not sure if this is a good spot for these questions but here goes;
I don't have a tow vehicle this weekend so looks like I won't be bringing the 350HO to Maple Grove after all (too far to drive it if I'm gonna run it too). My 15 yo son who is into the Pontiac hobby (his car is the red convertible below) really wanted to see what the HO could do. We attended last year and he loved the PY open house and races on Sunday (and The Boss' burnouts in the parking lot!).
So my question is can you run a convertible with the top down at the dragstrip? Might not be aerodynamically the best way to go but I thought that maybe, for the sake of his (our) interest, we would run my wife's Solstice GXP down the track. I know, it's a chick car, but damn the thing is fast. I ask about the top down because that is the only way I can fit in the thing lol. Also I would imagine a helmet is mandatory (top up or down). Is there a special rating the helmet must be?
Downside to taking the Solstice is no bumpers, hood, etc. like I got last year. Gonna pick up some small stuff though from the open house.
Thanks,
Dave
I'm not race day expert but I did own a 1968 GTO convertible for 20 years and in all my years of racing, I don't remember anyone's top being down except for a fun drive -by down the track. The irony is that if your car is slower than 13.xx, you don't even need a helmet? This may have changed in the last couple of years. If you do, Maple Grove usually has approved helmets available for rent. I would post this in the Maple Grove post for the official answers to these questions.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post

This was a very tough decision. We really wanted to do the bbq on Friday night but we knew almost everyone would also want to cruise. The cruise ends a a restaurant (Margarita's) so we just thought we'd give the slight edge to everyone enjoying hanging in Margarita's parking lot rather than returning to PY's home base for a 'PY Forums only member's bbq'. As the show expands, I can easily see a cruise and a return trip to the PY tent for a good ole Fashion PY Forums bbq. Were open for suggestions for next year.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Here's a little last minute inside information for Forums members.....

If you stop by the showroom and find a big ole line and your significant other or semi uninterested family member or friend is a tiny bit bored, weve added a customer lounge at the back of the showroom. Head in there and relax in some nice big soft leather couches, chairs or bar stools, have a water from the fridg in there and watch some speed channel while waiting.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Just announced....

Tony Nunzi's 1965 GTO Ram Air VII and the Monkee Mobile will be on display here Saturday!

Last edited by Ccass; 06-13-2013 at 10:04 AM.