Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfdsteve View Post
Don't think for a min that I don't appreciate any and all that have helped me over the last few years. Could not have done it without this forum.
However, I have been in public safety for 30+ years and when someone appears to claim to be able to ferret out the occupation or possibly the location of someone's daughter to try to win an argument, it not only sets off very loud alarms but quite frankly makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up having a daughter myself.
I also have learned not to "poke" the bear so I will kindly thank you sir for all your help and move along, occasionally looking back over my shoulder.
Good luck at the races boys and stay safe!
Steve
Big Clarification Steve. The only daughter I have ever posted about is my own daughter so as usual the board member (you in this case) has his facts wrong again. So I am disappointed that you are so fearful for your daughter based on a comment I made about my daughter being a lawyer.

The other comment Steve. I have talked to George personally several times. Typically passing by his barbeque the night before the races. Nicest guy in person you would want to talk to. Very polite. He knows the company I work for, I know the company he works for. Info has been posted several times about his time 43 years in his company I think.

So really you know little about the deal having never talked to either one of us in person.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 07-01-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post
You dove under the bus on your own on this deal, Tom.

Jim
Maybe so Jim. Everyone has an opinion.

I do have an issue with comments like Steve posted who gets the story totally wrong though. Again My daughter, everyone is the only one I spoke of. Cheeeeze.

If you can't figure out the daughter part of the deal then the Internet Policy deal for major companies is WAY OVER YOUR HEAD.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:19 PM
Boost Engineer

Back on Topic for Mr Fulton.

Did you ever figure out why your Star vacuum pump was not doing the job and you needed to step up to the Dry Sump system, outside of the safety perspective?

Tom V.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post

The other comment Steve. I have talked to George personally several times. Typically passing by his barbeque the night before the races. Nicest guy in person you would want to talk to. Very polite. He knows the company I work for, I know the company he works for. Info has been posted several times about his time 43 years in his company I think.

So really you know little about the deal having never talked to either one of us in person.

Tom V.
BIG clarification , I maybe have talked to Tom maybe twice, possible 3 times in person, I never came up to him to talk, he has cornered me and asked me some question.......I gave him short answers. The first time Was the longest even shook his hand..........I tried to play nice.........the key word is TRIED! Just to clarify!!
Let's drop it......life goes on and so does racing!!

GTO George

Old 07-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
BIG clarification , I maybe have talked to Tom maybe twice, possible 3 times in person, I never came up to him to talk, he has cornered me and asked me some question.......I gave him short answers. The first time Was the longest even shook his hand..........I tried to play nice.........the key word is TRIED! Just to clarify!!
Let's drop it......life goes on and so does racing!!

GTO George
I "cornered you" while you and your wife were sitting around the barbecue at Linder's lot as I and another guy were walking by and said hello? Interesting George.
You always play nice when I am looking at you George. Good Luck racing George.

Tom V.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you have nothing 'BAD' to say about Jack or Dick, please just get a room! LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1071.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	401765  

Old 07-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Boost Engineer

How about this: They both run canted valve heads.

Tom V.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Geez... just sleep together already and get it over with

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 07-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
Which track?

Like herding cats

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 07-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Back on Topic for Mr Fulton.

Did you ever figure out why your Star vacuum pump was not doing the job and you needed to step up to the Dry Sump system, outside of the safety perspective?

Tom V.
... now who's facts are outta whack ...

Old 07-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If it were are race vs inline heads and canted valve heads I would root for the inline heads.
Both canted, I do not really care. I am a Pontiac guy and love it when our old inline heads beat up on a canted head and leave them wondering.
Not to say both cars and the people who build them are not great. Just not my thing.
I bet when it is all said and done the H&M RAV heads without the pushrods in the port are the king.
Its the exact head I was asking for in a post a few years back. Like they read my mind.
OK, I will root for Jack because his car is so cool. Like a work of art.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
If it were are race vs inline heads and canted valve heads I would root for the inline heads.
Both canted, I do not really care. I am a Pontiac guy and love it when our old inline heads beat up on a canted head and leave them wondering.
Not to say both cars and the people who build them are not great. Just not my thing.
I bet when it is all said and done the H&M RAV heads without the pushrods in the port are the king.
Its the exact head I was asking for in a post a few years back. Like they read my mind.
OK, I will root for Jack because his car is so cool. Like a work of art.
... RAV without the pushrod in the port ? ... have you seen the angles it takes to accomplish that ? ... kinda scary ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	401776  

Old 07-01-2015, 09:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Dick vs L. Jack

I root for Dick's 69 Firebird...awesome car.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

WOW, somethings never change.

I guess I have to root for Dick since Jack has pissed me off at least one time more than Dick has, even though Jack did buy me a steak dinner at PRI .

Lets hope this race happens, maybe then it will shut up the non believers.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 07-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If the pushrod is not in the port its NOT a V head!Just another aftermarket head.JMO,Tom

Old 07-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO View Post
WOW, somethings never change.

I guess I have to root for Dick since Jack has pissed me off at least one time more than Dick has, even though Jack did buy me a steak dinner at PRI .

Lets hope this race happens, maybe then it will shut up the non believers.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
No offense, but there are only non believers because there has been proof in that head yet. Jacks car at least has been testing so we know it runs good. If Jack and Fulton go fender to fender and have a close race then there is proof both heads work.
Any test hits from Fulton yet or just dyno pulls??
Both guys are good for Pontiacs and are entertaining as hell with there threads!!!!!

Old 07-01-2015, 11:11 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
No offense, but there are only non believers because there has been proof in that head yet. Jacks car at least has been testing so we know it runs good. If Jack and Fulton go fender to fender and have a close race then there is proof both heads work.
Both guys are good for Pontiacs and are entertaining as hell with there threads!!!!!
How does the Skull Dragging and Donkey Stomping come into play?

Old 07-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All I am hearing here is a whole lot of bench racing. I am wondering if any of these guys will ever actually race each other on a real race track or if they have real race cars. It's starting to sound like Gach's back.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... RAV without the pushrod in the port ? ... have you seen the angles it takes to accomplish that ? ... kinda scary ...
There are other ways to do it , other than what you show in your pic. Better ways Imo.
plus who says you have to stick with stock lifter bore positions ? Its just a hole !

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 07-02-2015, 06:51 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
Yea I'm sorry but we no NOTHING about Jacks cars ET's (with his NEW combo)......maybe a 5.0 something "REALLY"! I hope both cars fly but this "secret stuff" is silly! The Pontiac Racers want to know. Secrets are mainly keeped when things aren't going right.......just saying!

GTO George

Closed Thread