THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The better team won, who's next?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-14-2018, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 01-14-2018, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good win for the boys last night. We'll see what happens today. I'm going to guess the Patriots will have the 4:30 game next week.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Do we want the Yinzers ...or the Jags ?? I would rather beat the bag off the Steelers again....

Old 01-14-2018, 01:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not surprised at the outcome of this game, TN is not a good team, can you imagine what ESPN would have said if they lost???

Old 01-14-2018, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72projectbird View Post
Happens every year. Pats kick ass, media creates stories to try and disrupt everything, Pats win Superbowl.

Everything is going according to plan.
Pretty much on track!

Old 01-15-2018, 12:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0902.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	472655

Old 01-15-2018, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The team the Jaguar's beat in preseason is not the team they will be playing against this week.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Opened at Patriots -8 1/2 ....

Old 01-15-2018, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
The team the Jaguar's beat in preseason is not the team they will be playing against this week.
Neither are my Jags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSLCAH View Post
That might have to go up. Not easy to get people to bet on the Jags.

I have always been a fan of great QBs going back to my childhood. First Unitas, then Tarkenton Namath, Lamonica. When they played each other, I had my favorite. I was a die hard Jets fan in '68, actually was watching the "Heidi Bowl" game and sat there stunned when they switched to the movie, once I realized it wasn't a commercial and they had actually started rolling the movie, with my sister laughing as she sat down to catch the movie.

When Unitas entered SBIII, I was sure that he would pull it out for the Colts, not because I wanted him to but because he was a hero to me even though I had switched allegiance to Namath.the day he spurned the Cards and signed with the Jets. To this day, I STILL say I want a fur coat like Namath rocked (the pantyhose not so much, haha!).

All this to say, I love Brady. What he did in the SB last year was worthy of legend status. Personally, I think he should have hung them up last year, No, I don't think he's lost it and likely won't for at least a couple more seasons. Just don't think he will ever top what happened last year, would have been a great ending to his storybook career, easily surpassing Elway's and Manning's finales. He will make the HOF even if last year didn't happen. And short of pulling a Pete Rose, nothing he can do will keep him out of the HOF, even if he never gets close to another SB.

But I'm posting this because I want everybody to know that I said it first. Jags will stop the Pats.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hopefully that will be a good game. One of the things about not having a team is just being able to watch some great football. That Minnesota finish was exciting to watch.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post
But I'm posting this because I want everybody to know that I said it first. Jags will stop the Pats.
....and just so we are clear, you are saying in the game January 21, 2018 at Foxboro Stadium in New England - correct?

That's one tall order you have ahead of you. Just sayin.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Doesn’t matter to me but sounds like we’re poaching JD and MP going to the Lions. Can a retirement party be in the near future for TB and BB if they win or lose?

Old 01-16-2018, 07:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Brady says he wants to play until he's 45 and theirs no sign he's letting up - so who knows.

Personally I like the idea of going out on top and am always reminded of Darrell Waltrip's comment on his retirement - that if somebody had told him he wouldn't win another race for 8 years, he would have retired then.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Adam Butler on Jalen Ramsey's Super Bowl Guarantee: 'Back It Up'

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...tee-back-it-up

Quote:
New England Patriots defensive lineman Adam Butler said Jacksonville Jaguars defensive back Jalen Ramsey made a "bold statement" by declaring the Jags would win the Super Bowl before they even faced the Pats in Sunday's AFC Championship Game at Gillette Stadium.

Rich Cimini of ESPN.com passed along comments Butler made about the hot-button topic Wednesday.

"If you're going to make a statement like that, you better be able to back it up," he said.

Ramsey made his declaration to Jaguars fans Sunday during an event at EverBank Field following the team's upset of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the divisional round, per Chris Chavez of Sports Illustrated.

"I ain't got too much to say, but y'all make sure you bring that same energy out here next week and the week after," he said. "We're going to the Super Bowl and we're going to win that b---h."

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady praised the second-year cornerback during a radio interview with WEEI's Kirk & Callahan, but he noted he wasn't interested in a war of words:

"I think what I have learned for a long time is it's how you play, it's not what you say. Everyone has different ways of handling things—players do, coaches do. We do what works for us, other players do what works for them. The game is going to be decided by who plays the best, not who hypes the best or speaks the best. He's a really good player. I have watched a ton of film on him. He has a lot of strengths. He's obviously very confident. That is reflected in how he plays. I am more concerned about how he plays opposed to what he says."

Old 01-21-2018, 05:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not a Pats fan but hate to see Gronk take that hit. That guy lives life to the fullest

Old 01-21-2018, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, there you go.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Old 01-21-2018, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Where is Chef of the 60’s when you need him...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 01-21-2018, 07:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not a Patriots fan, but I have to grudgingly respect them as a team. They get it done when it's a close game.
If there is a questionable inequality, it's the consistent lopsided foul calls. I mean, what team only commits 1 foul the whole game? And it always seems (to my eyes, and often the sportscasters), the calls (or non calls) go the Patriots way, every game.
You Pats fans can hate on me, I don't care, but it seems they really don't need to have the refs insure they win.

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 01-21-2018, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh Geez! Really??? Those refs called almost nothing in that game. The few they called were legit.... even if the Pats hating commentator whined about them.