Old 06-30-2020, 01:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 67 Tempest Headiner

Getting ready soon to start on the headliner. I pulled this car apart several years ago and cannot find good pics and have been looking to source the info I need in order to make sure I have all the parts in hand BEFORE I start. (It's several weeks out so I have time)

So far I have:

Headliner (and the bows)
Sail panels (ear muffs)
Package tray
binder clips to hold it all
new visors
dome light

I was watching a video where the guy said you have to have some special trim that pinches the material in the front and the back... (Of course there wasn't much by way of showing exactly what you need)

So, I'm not sure what these pieces are or what they look like. I have a pile of trim pieces and hardlines that I need to sort through- was hoping someone might have some pics of these trim pieces.

Also, any other ideas that would help make this easier to do. -- My current plan is to dynomat the roof (maybe some jute glued to that and then the headliner to make it nice and quiet)

Old 06-30-2020, 06:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was thinking of tackllng this myself, but I'm a little apprehensive about doing it with the windsheild and rear glass in. The trims that concern me are the ones around the windsheild and back glass. I don't know how they attach and like the few factory red pieces that are in there, I'd hate to break them.
One thing that I'm doing regardless is replacing the windlace along both sides. I hope that the quality is good because a lot of this repro stuff is really disappointing.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You can buy the headliner kit that should have material to re-cover sail panels and visors.
The Sail panel backers are avail and I think you can buy pre-covered visors, Bows Bow Clips, and Windlace from most all Pontiac parts Vendors.

As far as I know, the galvanized metal Headliner retaining strips are not re-poped so you'll need to find good used.
These are held in with small metal push-in clips and screws.

Last edited by Jeff Hamlin; 02-26-2024 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What I was looking for was information on the "plastic strip" the guy on this video mentions at 13:39 (pretty good video on headliner install for this specific model car-btw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAJSRkJK0rg

Old 07-02-2020, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I believe this is what you are looking for. https://secure.amesperf.com/qilan/De...40A&order_numb and this for the front. https://secure.amesperf.com/qilan/De...A&web_access=Y

Old 07-02-2020, 12:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Excellent info! Thanks.

I don't think I recall seeing this when we took the car apart years ago. I guess I'd better get them ordered.

Thanks again.

Old 07-06-2020, 04:01 PM
Senior Chief

How does the original trim around the front window and rear window come off ? My car is a 1967 gto with the original headliner and trim pieces

Thanks

Old 07-11-2020, 03:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Is this a piece for the rear window. Found it with my other parts not sure what it goes to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	055.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	544751   Click image for larger version

Name:	056.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	544752