Old 07-18-2000, 11:06 PM

I am interested in buying a 86 TA. It has a 305 tunnel port I believe. I don't know to much about this year of Pontiac. I am mostly interested in the positives and negatives about the drive train. What goes wrong with the car first. Do trannies go out, how miles can be expected out of the motor, etc. It is going to be a poject car for my daughter. It needs new doors, has a some rust around wheel wells, but not bad. I am interested in the cars reliablilty. I am not worried about the reg. maintenance, brakes, mufflers, etc. How does the tunnel port run, more about the major things. The car is only 1500.00. It runs good and has a decent body, but 168000 miles. Any advice would be appreciated. Anyone have a good 83 - 87 TA for sale?
Dave

Old 07-18-2000, 11:06 PM

I am interested in buying a 86 TA. It has a 305 tunnel port I believe. I don't know to much about this year of Pontiac. I am mostly interested in the positives and negatives about the drive train. What goes wrong with the car first. Do trannies go out, how miles can be expected out of the motor, etc. It is going to be a poject car for my daughter. It needs new doors, has a some rust around wheel wells, but not bad. I am interested in the cars reliablilty. I am not worried about the reg. maintenance, brakes, mufflers, etc. How does the tunnel port run, more about the major things. The car is only 1500.00. It runs good and has a decent body, but 168000 miles. Any advice would be appreciated. Anyone have a good 83 - 87 TA for sale?
Dave

Old 07-19-2000, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Topic moved to TransAm Tech Forum.