Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Senior Chief

Question 1978 4 dr g/a?

http://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/3468165358.html

Old 12-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'd love to have that as a daily driver but being off since Oct 16th for unpaid surgery leave is kind of a brutal reality check. And they made 4drs in 78 and 79 but not in 80.

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 12-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Senior Chief

You're killing me! This is 2 hours from me. Good thing I just sold my car trailer.
Someone just called me 2 weeks ago looking for this exact color combo. 2 door more than likely, but I'll let them know. But it would make a nice daily driver...

Old 12-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Senior Chief

Smile

Well, the owners drove it 2 hours to me tonight so I bought it.
She aint purdy but shes rusty.

It's actually a 4 barrel car and shows 53,000 miles. Does run good but not a low milage car.
Has an aluminum radiator support, aluminum rear bumper support and aluminum drums.
Tilt column, cruise and a sport steering wheel.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

wheres the pics

Old 12-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Kent, a theory just crossed my mind.
Any idea if the aluminum brake drums always acompanied the alum radiator support? I know the drums were randomly found on 78-early 80s A-G bodies.
That black/gold with half vinyl top '78 parts car I bought from the impound had the aluminum drums. Makes me wonder if it also had an aluminum core support. The radiator and Q-jet were missing from that car so I don't know if it had a bad engine/trans or was just stolen and partialy stripped.

I still have the speedo cluster, gauge pod, sport steering wheel, and both rear quarter glass from that car.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowapub View Post
Well, the owners drove it 2 hours to me tonight so I bought it.
She aint purdy but shes rusty.

It's actually a 4 barrel car and shows 53,000 miles. Does run good but not a low milage car.
Has an aluminum radiator support, aluminum rear bumper support and aluminum drums.
Tilt column, cruise and a sport steering wheel.
how do you get people to bring you the cars? i can't even get people to call me back or email me their number! sounds cool thought. good daily driver.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Senior Chief

I'm not sure of any connection between the aluminum radiator support and other aluminum parts. I'v had 9 or 10 of them but have never parted a car from start to finish (with alum rad support). The drums are usually gone.

I'm working several 12 hour days in a row, so pictures may take a while. Probablly why she drove down to me. She needed the money and I have 1 day off between last monday and next Saturday.
If it wasnt for the aluminum parts I would have given her gas money for the trip and let her keep the car.
Needs a tail light bezel and turn lens, but I "might" have those.
The car is at a friends house. He is doing a frame off on a 79 Grand Am 4 speed car I sold him last year. 428 4 speed Grand Am!