Old 05-01-2001, 06:58 AM

Im putting the engine from my 82 Trans/Am witch is a chevy 350 into my 68 firebird,
Temporarely till i get my 68 350 pontiac rebuilt,the engines are diferent so are the mounts.Do they sell engine mounts for this? or do i need to fabricate my own?or What?Please I need help on this one,?I dont want to cut or weld on the frame,i want to put the original engine back in later.and transmission info?
Thanks ......Joker...
Hot Roders should be exempt from smog laws!We spend lots of time Adjusting this and that to have the smoothest tuned ride,we take pride.With no smog to hide,.

Old 05-01-2001, 06:58 AM

Im putting the engine from my 82 Trans/Am witch is a chevy 350 into my 68 firebird,
Temporarely till i get my 68 350 pontiac rebuilt,the engines are diferent so are the mounts.Do they sell engine mounts for this? or do i need to fabricate my own?or What?Please I need help on this one,?I dont want to cut or weld on the frame,i want to put the original engine back in later.and transmission info?
Thanks ......Joker...
Hot Roders should be exempt from smog laws!We spend lots of time Adjusting this and that to have the smoothest tuned ride,we take pride.With no smog to hide,.

Old 05-03-2001, 08:18 PM

There is an ebay auction on a 69 firebird with a chevy 400 in it. Call the owner and ask him what he had to do

Item #584028754

Richard/Vegas

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.
Old 05-04-2001, 01:46 AM

simply put, camaro/nova donor for the mounts and trans. i think painless wiring offers a kit to wire the lockup conveter if you want to use the overdrive. mike

[This message has been edited by mike nixon (edited 05-25-2001).]

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 05-04-2001, 02:47 AM

Mike, will that work as well for second generation firebirds? I have some of the old Peterson publishing Engine Swapping manuals and noticed that in one of them where a Chevy was swapped into a 71 Firebird, they claimed that the cross member for the Firebird was different than the Camaro of the same year. 'made myself a mental note of that because I had always heard the frames were the same.

Richard/Vegas

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.
Old 05-25-2001, 11:31 PM

richard, in my experience the subframes are the same basic structure. the crossmembers may differ slightly but i have yet to run into one that would not work. novas make dandy parts cars in this area because the are usually rotted beyond repair. mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill