Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 12-26-2019, 10:14 PM

Default Looking for Transport of ‘75 Firebird.

Car is located in London, KY. Will need it transported to Georgetown, TX. Willing to wait until after Jan. 1st. but would like to have it by Jan 15th at the latest.

Enclosed is preferred but not necessary.
Car is in very nice condition.

Please let me know if you or anyone you know is interested. Thank you.

Rob

Old 12-26-2019, 10:43 PM
Senior Chief

Two people on this form do Auto Transport. Bills Auto Works and Truly Vintage. Both have excellent feedback. I used Bill Auto Works so I can personally attest to his service.

Old 12-26-2019, 11:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

FWIW, If you can't get the regulars here to ship it I just sold my 73 T/A and this company picked it up. The guy that bought my car says he has used them a couple times for shipping cars, he said they were reasonable and reliable.

http://www.momsautotransport.com/

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 12-27-2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
FWIW, If you can't get the regulars here to ship it I just sold my 73 T/A and this company picked it up. The guy that bought my car says he has used them a couple times for shipping cars, he said they were reasonable and reliable.

http://www.momsautotransport.com/
Thanks! I’ll give them a shout. A few quotes I got were almost $2000 and it’s nowhere near cross country. I’m pretty tempted just to get it myself or use one of the dealership guys who transport for us but I’d feel a lot better with an experienced hauler who has hauled classics many times. 👍

Old 12-27-2019, 05:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb Don't see that happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHighway View Post
Car is located in London, KY. Will need it transported to Georgetown, TX. Willing to wait until after Jan. 1st. but would like to have it by Jan 15th at the latest.

Enclosed is preferred but not necessary.
Car is in very nice condition.

Please let me know if you or anyone you know is interested. Thank you.

Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHighway View Post
A few quotes I got were almost $2000 and it’s nowhere near cross country. I’m pretty tempted just to get it myself or use one of the dealership guys who transport for us.

I don't see that happening unless you are willing to pay for all the miles that are needed to be driven
by someone hauling your vehicle direct from pick up to drop off ....

The trip itself is about 1000 miles - but your vehicle is probably going to be the only one making that direct trip.

The odds of anyone dropping off a vehicle anywhere near your pick up
and having another vehicle to pick up anywhere near your drop off are
slim next to none.

Most trips take (4) to (6) weeks to build to haul a car.

It is part of a larger trip involving other hauls.

Most haulers carry more than one car - the cars on a trailer are packages in the mail - they are loaded & unloaded & stored in open yards between trailer hauls.

That is how cost is kept down.

Your car could travel in multiple trailers with multiple transfers for a couple thousand miles before it reaches you.

Putting that car on an open trailer in Winter is asking for damage.

You should go get that yourself with an enclosed trailer.

Jim

Old 12-27-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trulyvintage View Post
I don't see that happening unless you are willing to pay for all the miles that are needed to be driven
by someone hauling your vehicle direct from pick up to drop off ....

The trip itself is about 1000 miles - but your vehicle is probably going to be the only one making that direct trip.

The odds of anyone dropping off a vehicle anywhere near your pick up
and having another vehicle to pick up anywhere near your drop off are
slim next to none.

Most trips take (4) to (6) weeks to build to haul a car.

It is part of a larger trip involving other hauls.

Most haulers carry more than one car - the cars on a trailer are packages in the mail - they are loaded & unloaded & stored in open yards between trailer hauls.

That is how cost is kept down.

Your car could travel in multiple trailers with multiple transfers for a couple thousand miles before it reaches you.

Putting that car on an open trailer in Winter is asking for damage.

You should go get that yourself with an enclosed trailer.

Jim
Hey Jim,
Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping someone was looking to fill a route near mine. I’m flexible with the dates if need be and you make a very good point about using an enclosed trailer. I may just have to do that.