Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 01-05-2020, 07:20 PM

Default suspension shops in SF Bay Area (San Jose, or Walnut Creek) for '68 GTO.

Hi Guys,

I cannot defer front suspension any longer. Going with tubular upper and lower arms and 0.9 inch, 0.5 inch ball joints respectively and new springs/tie rods/shocks. Basically, I do not have the space and time to do the job myself.

Can anyone recommend a shop in San Jose or Walnut Creek area? I spoke with a shop in San Jose and imagined a very rough time with the owner if things go wrong (he displayed a really aggressive and strong personality...not very customer oriented) and they probably will go wrong with a 68 gto. He refused to pin down a cost and wanted time plus materials (could have been ok with a range). I just did not feel comfortable and he probably should not be answering phone.

Anyway, I'd rather go by reputation and customer focus first and price second. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Freddy

Fred

1968 convertible, 350hp auto, 2.93, pb/ac, pw, am/fm, discs, tilt, guages, etc

Old 01-05-2020, 08:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Martin @ Tidewater tire in Oakland. he is a pro touring guy (510)261-6959 Good work or Kendall @ (510)409-8766. I can't remember his shops name but he's in Danville also built a few Pro touring cars started his own shop a couple years ago

Old 01-06-2020, 01:15 PM

Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley

1987 Pontiac Grand Prix - Sage/Sage/Sage - GM 305/Th200-4r

2004 Pontiac GTO - IBM over Black - LSx 440/6-speed/4.10 SRA - Single Digit Stick Shift
Old 01-06-2020, 03:56 PM

Victory Machine 408-832-8377