Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 05-09-2020, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
As the Carb King you have tons of experience. How do you recommend storing collector car fuel systems and small engines for the winter? I have used Stabil, and stored with the tanks full and empty. Never really settled on a method that was much better than the other. Storing with the tanks empty at least meant in the spring when fresh fuel was put in the engine ran correctly right away. Thanks in advance for the tips.
Best thing I have found is 100LL av gas with a few ounces of Marvel Mystery oil. I put it in my zero turn, weedeater, blowers and chainsaws. Start right up after winter. Same with my cars that sit.

66 GTO 389 3x2, 4 speed, 4.33 gear, Montero Red 33K original Miles
67 GTO 2dr Post, 428, Tri Power, 3.55 Gears
80 Trans Am Black SE Y84 W72 WS6
Old 05-10-2020, 12:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
Best thing I have found is 100LL av gas with a few ounces of Marvel Mystery oil. I put it in my zero turn, weedeater, blowers and chainsaws. Start right up after winter. Same with my cars that sit.
Marvel Mystery Oil to the rescue! That's funny. I never used the stuff until we began running the funny car on nitro. Our tuner just loves the stuff and insisted I use it in damn near everything. Fuel pump, fittings, blower, check valves, you name it. It has never let me down. Now another use. Interesting.

Old 05-10-2020, 01:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Marvel Mystery Oil to the rescue! That's funny. I never used the stuff until we began running the funny car on nitro. Our tuner just loves the stuff and insisted I use it in damn near everything. Fuel pump, fittings, blower, check valves, you name it. It has never let me down. Now another use. Interesting.
I used it in my Model T for years,and use it in my '61 Corvette, which has dual 4's with leather accelerator pumps. Where I am, all gas has a 10% alcohol mix, which absorbs water, corroding carb parts. The MMO helps keep the accelerator pumps supple and the corrosion from happening. Plus, it smells great! LOL...

Old 05-10-2020, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know that we have some very aircraft knowledgeable members so I might get my ears pinned back on this one since my sole contact with the mix was using it for the drag car and small engines around my place for 30 years. I always understood that AV gas was fortified with additional stabilizers since not all small aircraft are flown that often. My results were that AV gas by itself was sufficient by itself to last well over a year.