Old 10-17-2023, 10:33 PM

Default 70 Lemans Front Valance Brackets

Reading over your posts, I'm hoping you can help me with my 70 Lemans front valance. I can't figure out what brackets are needed to attach this to the vehicle. I see the brackets for a GTO but they don't seem to have the right hole pattern. Do you know what brackets I need or have a diagram for a lemans valance?

Old 10-17-2023, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get some good help here.

See if these repair and assembly diagrams help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Bumper 2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	621854   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Valance 2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	621855   Click image for larger version

Name:	Repair Manual Front Valance 2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	621856  

Old 10-18-2023, 08:37 AM

Default Valance Panel installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalycrew61 View Post
Reading over your posts, I'm hoping you can help me with my 70 Lemans front valance. I can't figure out what brackets are needed to attach this to the vehicle. I see the brackets for a GTO but they don't seem to have the right hole pattern. Do you know what brackets I need or have a diagram for a lemans valance?
No brackets. It bolts to the bottom of the bumper, then the signal lights are installed. There’s a filler piece that goes between your radiator support and the valance. I don’t think I have ever seen one. I made one out of masticated rubber. If someone has a photo of it, I’d love to see it. Hopefully this combined with the illustration will help.

Old 10-18-2023, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have not put my valance on, having just moved.

I do know I have two straps that I interpret as the bracket in the attached close-ups.

I am not familiar with a filler... will have to look!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Valance Strap.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	621889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Valance Strap 2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	621890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Valance Strap 3.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	621891  

Old 10-18-2023, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
I have not put my valance on, having just moved.

I do know I have two straps that I interpret as the bracket in the attached close-ups.

I am not familiar with a filler... will have to look!
You are probably correct about the two small brackets in the diagram. The last time I removed the valance was in the Spring. I do not remember them. The brackets are probably in the box with the parking lights and associated hardware. Thanks for pointing it out. Something I have to look for. The filler is Number 32 in the first diagram.

Old 10-18-2023, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62olds View Post
You are probably correct about the two small brackets in the diagram. The last time I removed the valance was in the Spring. I do not remember them. The brackets are probably in the box with the parking lights and associated hardware. Thanks for pointing it out. Something I have to look for. The filler is Number 32 in the first diagram.
Thanks for the filler ID. The drawing says "with AC & HD cooling". Does this mean all AC cars had this part? What is HD cooling?

Is this filler piece metal or plastic or ??

Old 10-18-2023, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
Thanks for the filler ID. The drawing says "with AC & HD cooling". Does this mean all AC cars had this part? What is HD cooling?

Is this filler piece metal or plastic or ??
I have a Factory A/C car and it had a Heavy Duty radiator ( I don’t remember if it was 3 or 4 core) which I sold. I now use a Aluminum Cold Case radiator. . I can only see evidence that the filler was present at some point in time. The was in an accident and the right front fender, hood, bumper and header panel were all replaced. Some new, some used parts. No idea how long ago. The body shop probably didn’t care to replace the filler piece. I don’t know if it was metal or plastic. Someone on this forum may have the answer. I am very interested to see one.

The Following User Says Thank You to 62olds For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2023, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62olds View Post
I have a Factory A/C car and it had a Heavy Duty radiator ( I don’t remember if it was 3 or 4 core) which I sold. I now use a Aluminum Cold Case radiator. . I can only see evidence that the filler was present at some point in time. The was in an accident and the right front fender, hood, bumper and header panel were all replaced. Some new, some used parts. No idea how long ago. The body shop probably didn’t care to replace the filler piece. I don’t know if it was metal or plastic. Someone on this forum may have the answer. I am very interested to see one.
We are in a parallel universe. My car also had AC and was also in a wreck that ended with someone replacing the front clip...and in my case, the radiator, so I have no idea what it was originally.

I also installed a Cold Case radiator and have never seen the filler.

Doesn't upset me, but I'm curious.