Old 01-01-2021, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Master cylinder with 7/8" bore

What car model would have the above master cylinder....I want to improve my manual braking..front disc/rear drum. I currently have a 1".

george

Old 01-01-2021, 06:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What are you trying to mount it to?

77 Monzas have this diameter.

Old 01-02-2021, 12:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Manual brake 67 gto
George

Old 01-02-2021, 02:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Is this a disc brake car, and if so what type of calipers?

Old 01-02-2021, 02:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

George,
I fitted one to a 68 LeMans a few years. It was a Summit alum version of the factory c/iron unit. This car had a booster & owner wanted less pedal pressure.

Did the job nicely. When I tried to buy another of these [ alum, 7/8"bore ] for a friend, I found Summit had discontinued them. However, some one else was making them, cannot remember the brand [ Wilwood? ] a little more expensive though; haven't checked in a long time, maybe Summit has re-instated them.

Old 01-02-2021, 08:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scarebird, stock ‘72 lemans calipers, with proportioning valve Replacing distribution block.

Geoff: I know Wilwood has alum M/C in that bore size but it’s pricey. Sure, it comes with the glam.

George

Old 01-02-2021, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I use a Mopar minivan master. 1984-98 that is 24mm. Aluminum, and you will need to fab a pushrod and elongate the ears but they are 26 dollars new and work well.

But the stock 1" bore should work fine manual. We did a 68 Firebird with the D52 calipers and reused the stock drum manual master - worked perfectly.

Old 01-03-2021, 01:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Scarebird. I just think I could use some more pressure at the calipers. The 1" I have seems to work fine, just want to experiment with the 7/8" if readily available.

george

Old 01-03-2021, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The issue now if you use a 7/8" bore is if you will have enough pedal swing to lock them up.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanx Scarebird, I took a quick look at rockauto, napa, etc. it seems a '77 Monza M/C is made of unobtainium or need $$ for NAPA new ones. I could throw more a bit more $ at it and get the fancy Wilwood if I'm going to do that. I just may rethink it for next season.

George

Old 01-03-2021, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Mopar unit on my TA does 4 wheel disc manual very well

Old 01-04-2021, 03:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

George, don't be a scrooge...buy the Wilwood....it will look better & last longer.

Seriously, when I mentioned the Wilwood in my earlier post, I wasn't 100% sure of the brand, it was a few years ago. Could be other brands that are cheaper.