Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 12-06-2020, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Adding 2nd battery to 2015 2500GMC for winch

Its been talked about but couldnt find info in search function. I want to add 2nd battery with wire and Anderson connector too rear. I can buy connectors inexpensively. Wire easy . Or should I buy a 'kit' that has wire,connectors,charging capabilities? The kit on net I saw was about $100.00. I know Bill mentioned to me about this just didnt take time to investigate. Now I'm going too. Thanks

Old 12-06-2020, 11:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

When I did mine many years ago, after a mishap, I installed a Battery Isolator to keep from draining the battery that starts the truck. Sitting out in the boonies before cell phones hoping someone would come by to jump start my truck made a believer out or me.

Old 12-07-2020, 07:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks that's what I plan on. Just never done one so just a little hesitant.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bought battery isolator kit on amazon.First time for this endeavor.

Old 12-15-2020, 07:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes I bought the 70 dollar kit. Not happy. No warranty,no contact no. for tech support and instructions ok but one white wire on isolator not shown on schematic where it goes. Should have investigated more. Dont want charging problems. Back it goes.