Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 12-31-2020, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Older bottle Jacks Leaking Need Seals

I have 3 bottle Jack's from the 60s That are in good condition. Except seals at pump are leaking. They are my first jack s as a teenager. The nos are missing due to use. One is a Hein Warner 12 ton. The other 2 are Sears which someone told me could be Blackhawk. Anyone know of hydraulic warehouse that could help me identify Jack's and get seals. I know get disposable from HF but I thought I'd try to repair them. Any help thank you.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Back when I hang around the local service stations there was a truck that came around to all the garages that took your damaged jacks, had them rebuilt and brought them back the next week. You might check with a local garage or local parts store to see if they still exist.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 01-01-2021, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There's a jack repair expert over on the Garage Journal board who goes by the screen name of Hiball. He was selling seal kits but I think at this time he's just recommending sources to buy parts. Besides him there are a number of other discussions about rebuilding Hein-Werner and Blackhawk jacks and where to get parts, I'd go over there, join up and ask (and also search, that forum uses the same format as this one so everything looks and works the same.) I did find one source that was mentioned: https://www.blackhawkparts.com/index.html Also, try using Google Maps - use the 'find nearby' feature to look for hydraulic repair in your area, I found several places nearby to Latrobe that work on and sell parts for hydraulic rams.

Old 01-01-2021, 12:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Called all around Latrobe. The one guy I knew quit. Macs Jack's in Pittsburgh is in very bad area. Shootings. Last resort ,guy there said bring parts in will try to match them. I have them apart and cleaned. Thanks I'll try Garage Journal

Old 01-01-2021, 12:48 PM

I used Mac's Jack for over 30 years until I retired and closed my shop, and they are the best. I had a truck shop in Pittsburgh and used Mac's for all my hydraulic parts, jack, cylinder and valve repairs. Their location is easy to get to and is not a bad area during the day. If you drive into Pittsburgh, follow Butler St. out from the city and turn right on to Washington Blvd. , continue on Washington Blvd. turn right on to Hamilton Ave, then right on to Putnam St. This route will keep you out of the bad section. Our parts person usually picked up at their place twice a week. They were always able to supply us with obsolete and hard to find parts, seals, and valves. Another option would be to box and send the parts for them to match. Call and ask for Carl. Tell him John from Action Truck Service said hello and take good care of you. Happy New Year John

Old 01-01-2021, 02:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you.

Old 01-02-2021, 01:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs up

I have purchased parts from Hiball a couple times. Good guy to deal with and vast knowledge regarding hydraulics. I recommend him highly...

Old 01-13-2021, 03:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I rebuilt my floor jack using parts and drawings from this company.
https://www.hcrcnow.com/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0753.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	558294  

Old 01-13-2021, 07:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lol. I’m on my 1st cup of coffee. I read the thread title as-Older bottle of Jack leaking, need seals. I was thinking, just drink it!

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
The Following User Says Thank You to 67drake For This Useful Post: