Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:12 AM

Default 64 gto horn emblem rp1578 c

I downloaded the 64 catalog Thursday morning and this is priced at $79.00 Called thursday afternoon to order and it is $99.00. Salesperson told me that I couldn't have downloaded the catalog that morning as that was the old price. By the way they didn't have it in stock! Charged me $110.00 with shipping!

Old 11-05-2007, 12:26 PM
PY Staff - Tech

Sorry that price changed not long after the catalog was printed. When we were finalizing the catalog the manufacturer had that $79.00 as the approximate price and usually that price will hold but because of the limited market of this particular item he did raise the retail $20.00.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Administrator

For everyone who reads.....when you 'download' a pdf catalog, you are downloading the same exact catalog as the printed catalog. Therefore, if the printed book is 6 months old, the downloaded book is 6 months old. If you want 'today's' price, you must browse the online catalog. On average, we change less than 2% of the prices in between catalogs. Occasionally a manufacturer will raise prices in the middle of a catalog production and it is significant enough to not absorb.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:42 PM

I was not upset at the price, It was the fact that whoever I was talking to said that it was imposible that the price was 79.00 when I was looking at the catalog that i had just downloaded. No big deal other than your employee had very poor people skills!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:26 AM
PY Staff - Tech

Jim,
I was your salesperson for that order and i disagree with your statement above. I do answer a lot of phone calls on a daily basis so i do not remember our whole conversation
word for word but i certainly do not recall telling you that your situation was "impossible". At the time of the order i admit i was a little confused about why you had the old price not the new one but i do remember telling you that if you brought that part # up now in the online catalog you would see the current price of $99.00. Then when i saw your topic started that is why i posted about why you were seeing the old price. I felt bad when i was doing the order for you about the price and what our normal shipping policy calls for in freight on such a small item so that is why i took off a couple of dollars on that order, it wasn't a lot but it was something. So apparently somewhere along the line we had a miscommunication and i apologize for my role in that but i would have appreciated it if you would have brought your feelings to my attention while we were on the phone.

Ed

Old 11-07-2007, 05:49 PM

I was probably being a D### at the time, but when you told me that the price was not what your online catalog showed and then you told me that it couldn't be , Oh well I will have my emblem soon and I have waited along time for you guys to reproduce this so I am happy. Thanks