Old 05-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Suspended

Default '77 Trans Am steal

One of the best deals I made happened over 25 years ago on a black '77 Trans Am to replace my crashed '77. A guy at work told me about a friend that wanted to sell his for cheap because something was wrong with the engine. Keep in mind that these were still considered to be a late model car then with a retail value of $3500- $5000 at that time. The one I was to look at was probably at the lower end of that spectrum. Weekend comes up and I go look at it. The guy says that it overheats after driving for a few minutes. He doesn't understand why, as he had just replaced the waterpump. He just wants to get rid of it and wanted $1,000 for it. I look under the hood after driving it down the street. Temp gage jumps up to hot quickly. After I noticed something, I lay out the cash and buy it quick. I have it towed to home. What I noticed was that the plate behind the waterpump was missing. I wasn't about to tell the seller. I got a new plate from our local Pontiac dealer ,stuck it on and never had a problem.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:02 PM

This isn't a conspiracy right??

You scored good, still got that TA?

Old 05-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Suspended

No conspiracy. It really happened. I don't have that one anymore for quite some time. I did pick up a '77 SE TA roller from a Georgia junkyard last summer. Good thing,too. The yard owner got into some trouble and crushed almost all of his old cars and this one would have gone. He sold it to me really cheap. Like $300. A loaded almost every option t-top car. I need to do the PHS on it and see what it's all about. I'm thinking later on a 455 w/ 350 6X heads,TH400 and keep the original 2.41 posi for top end blasts.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:08 PM

Man, $300, that's cheap... what kinda shape is it in?

PICS plz

Old 05-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick623 View Post
Man, $300, that's cheap... what kinda shape is it in?

PICS plz
It's ugly ruff and missing a lot of stuff mostly running gear parts. Straight solid body,though. I have a lot of parts from others over the years.