Industry Stuff new repro's, updates, other info.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:31 PM
Senior Chief

Late model performance

http://www.lmperformance.com/brand.asp?c=0&t=371&b=233

Old 05-19-2016, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooskidoo View Post
Just opened my new manifolds, bought them from LMP, $317 free shipping. Besides some runs in the coating they look good.
They sure look good.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sure would be nice if someone would reproduce these round port long branch manifolds. Ram Air Restorations has been out of stock for about 2 years now or more. They keep saying that they will be getting an example, but each month it is the same thing and no forward movement. Work for first gen firebirds, full size cars and 69+ grand prix. Would think there is a market, but I am likely bias simply because I would be a buyer of two sets. Reproductions have sold on ebay for $900+ for a set. I simply can't pay that. Anyway, thanks to anyone listening
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$_1.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	430105   Click image for larger version

Name:	232.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	430106  

65 Cat Ventura, 66 Cat Vert, 63 GP
Old 07-10-2016, 09:57 PM

Does anyone know if these will work with the factory pre-heat shields? A friend of mine told me that he couldn't get it to fit over the ramair restorations ones when he put them on his 70 GTO. Said it was because they were based on the later manifolds, not the RAIII ones.

I'd like to run a set of these on my 69 GTO, but also want to run the rest of the stock setup.

Thanks,

Shaggy

Old 07-11-2016, 02:12 AM
Suspended

I would like to run the long branch round ports on my 73 GTO. That way I wouldn't have to think about going to headers. I run the reg. round ports right now but would like to go to the long branch for the extra flow. The long branch's will fit on all the 73-77 A-bodies & Grand Prix's, & of course all the B&C body cars. There is a big market for them if they would just start making them again. I don't know who THEY are but the long branch were made a while ago so they should start to remake them again.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38speedtwin View Post
Does anyone know if these will work with the factory pre-heat shields? A friend of mine told me that he couldn't get it to fit over the ramair restorations ones when he put them on his 70 GTO. Said it was because they were based on the later manifolds, not the RAIII ones.

I'd like to run a set of these on my 69 GTO, but also want to run the rest of the stock setup.

Thanks,

Shaggy
I put them on my 78, I had to buy the stamped heat shield they sold for them, my factory one wouldn't fit, so it's put away with my orig log manifolds, the repop one was about a hundred.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 07-12-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burd View Post
I put them on my 78, I had to buy the stamped heat shield they sold for them, my factory one wouldn't fit, so it's put away with my orig log manifolds, the repop one was about a hundred.
OK, sounds like these will work for me then! Something else I noticed about these is that they have the correct one 2 bolt and one 3 bolt flange design, instead of the RA Restorations ones, which are 3 bolts on each side.

Looks like I will be ordering a set.

-Shaggy

Old 07-13-2016, 10:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ram air resto sent me the wrong driver side, it was a huge nightmare. And they never made things rite.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 07-18-2016, 08:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

63gpman, I think the manifolds in your pictures are on my car. Did you get them from a eBay auction? I remember the heat wrap on the one manifold.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandam1979 View Post
63gpman, I think the manifolds in your pictures are on my car. Did you get them from a eBay auction? I remember the heat wrap on the one manifold.
could be, I just pulled them from the net. I am now only needing one set as I worked out a deal for a set at the POCI. Likely overspent on the set, but needed/wanted them.

65 Cat Ventura, 66 Cat Vert, 63 GP
Old 10-30-2016, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What's the difference between the 078,079,080 and 081 Catalog Part Numbers? The descriptions are identical as are the photos.

http://www.lmperformance.com/shop.as...aust-manifolds

Is ceramic coating included? I saw a poster mention the coating on his.

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372
Old 10-30-2016, 10:37 PM
Senior Chief

The 77 both have 3 bolts at the head pipe connection. Not ceramic but more like a paint.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63gpman View Post
Sure would be nice if someone would reproduce these round port long branch manifolds. Ram Air Restorations has been out of stock for about 2 years now or more. They keep saying that they will be getting an example, but each month it is the same thing and no forward movement. Work for first gen firebirds, full size cars and 69+ grand prix. Would think there is a market, but I am likely bias simply because I would be a buyer of two sets. Reproductions have sold on ebay for $900+ for a set. I simply can't pay that. Anyway, thanks to anyone listening
Ram Air Restorations roundport LB have been out of stock 4+ years. I try to order them for my Ventura. I don't understand why somebody hasn't been reproduced them, i would buy a set.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:12 PM
Suspended

Yes with the new Round Port heads that Eldo sell that is a bigger market for the long branch manifolds. There are more & more cars out there that have the round port heads on them every day.