Old 11-16-2020, 11:01 PM
Senior Chief

Default 1965 Gto Tribute Conv. On Ebay

I would be interested in your comments regarding this car. I'm not interested in buying it. It is burgundy and For Sale at 121 Motors. Asking price is $42,900.
Supposedly it was restored for the owner of Volo Car Museum. There is a large amount of pictures, and in just about all of them there are noticeable flaws. I can't imagine asking $42,900 for this car. Lets see how many of you agree !

Old 11-17-2020, 12:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROYBOYONE View Post
I would be interested in your comments regarding this car. I'm not interested in buying it. It is burgundy and For Sale at 121 Motors. Asking price is $42,900.
Supposedly it was restored for the owner of Volo Car Museum. There is a large amount of pictures, and in just about all of them there are noticeable flaws. I can't imagine asking $42,900 for this car. Lets see how many of you agree !

I can’t see the link in Tapatalk but I’d pass on the car based on volo “provenance” alone. Not to mention I’m not insane enough to drop $43k on a drop top lemans.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And why is it for sale at 121 Motors if it was built for the owner of Volo? And your link is missing.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 11-17-2020, 09:47 PM
Senior Chief

Jerry H. Sorry , I am not familiar with how to add link. I described the vehicle, so it would be easy to find on Ebay.

Old 11-18-2020, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Pontia...%7C2500%7C3000

"Flaws" are going to be subjective on a resto like this. If they are able to get 43K for this car, good for them. Not sure how the Volo story and emblem adds any value to the car, but I guess it beats the "driven by a little ol lady" story.

Old 11-18-2020, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripower View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Pontia...%7C2500%7C3000

"Flaws" are going to be subjective on a resto like this. If they are able to get 43K for this car, good for them. Not sure how the Volo story and emblem adds any value to the car, but I guess it beats the "driven by a little ol lady" story.
I was at Volo in 2017. Some of the cars were super nice, others, not so much. They had a 50k real '65 GTO convertible for sale then (Montero Red) that had the worst body gaps I've ever seen.....the driver's door wouldn't even close. By the looks of this clone, I'm sure in person it wouldn't pass muster. That dash looks pretty rough, as does a lot of the paint.