Old 07-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question Where is Ron Sanders' '61 Bonneville wagon?

Ron Sanders tried to sell me his rustbucket '61 Bonneville wagon back in 1993 for $2500. I passed because the car was trashed and the rocker panels were non-existent, both outer and inner. In fact, '61 Bonnevilles used die cast rocker moldings and there was NOTHING behind them!

Flash forward to 2007. I saw the car on eBay and then again at Norwalk. Some greedy opportunist was trying to fleece sombody for $25,000 for a car that had body work and paint that looked, at best, like it was done in a high school body shop class. The interior was nicely done, but the Resale White paint, gaudy graphics and rocker panels made from sheetmetal scrap looked atrocious.

Ron Sanders asked me the other day if I knew the whereabouts of the car. I related to him that the last time I saw the car, it appeared to have been purchased and slapped together by a Carlot Tony-type who was merely a flipper and not a true Pontiac hobbyist. He was in disbelief about the amount of money that the eBay shyster was trying to gouge people for.

The car was originally painted Seacrest Green and was changed to a dark green Jeep color in '67 when Ron bought the car out of Massachusettes.

So, does anybody know the location of said bondomobile? Attached are some pictures. I'd like to get back to Ron with some information. Thanks.

Note: moderators: please move this to "Big Cars Wanted."

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	may348.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	173787   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 029.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	173788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 030.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	173789  

Old 07-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Senior Chief

I thought I saw this car for sale on the full size pontiacs website about a year ago
for 12,500. Then saw it maybe on craiglist from someone who just bought it
and was trying to sell for 25,000 or could have been ebay. Good luck.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Senior Chief

Go to Fullsizepontiacs.com the car is still on there listed in poncho sales.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Yikes.

For thirteen grand, all the Ron Sanders would be getting back is his old rustbucket with crappy bodywork, gaudy refrigerator white paint/graphics and the wrong motor.

Those are the original Cragar SS "blems" that he bought for the car in '67.

I wonder what happened to the 389 and the Rocky Borscherdt-built (Rocky's Goat) Hydramatic that used to be in the car?

I'll let Ron know, thanks.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Suspended

i can say one thing about that old rust bucket wagon-it still has no problems getting down the track.last i knew of it-it was in the st.louis area.even being an old rust bucket and all,it did manage to make the tripower nationals brochure a couple of years ago doing a nasty burnout at norwalk.that is all this flipper can tell you about the car.i did have it down around 13.28 on a couple of occasions,not bad for a old wagon full of bondo.