Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 03-13-2002, 09:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Now that laptops (older ones) are becoming more affordable and available, does anyone make software to help record all the passes at various
tracks to help predict your "next run"? I would envision entering each timeslip along with weather conditions and being able to bring up similar conditions to help with the "dial-in". I know many of you keep the old Summit or Jegs log books, but there must be a more modern version of that. Plus the intimidation factor is probably good for a few "redlights" from the competitor [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I have the laptop-software??

10.09 @ 133
Old 03-13-2002, 09:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Now that laptops (older ones) are becoming more affordable and available, does anyone make software to help record all the passes at various
tracks to help predict your "next run"? I would envision entering each timeslip along with weather conditions and being able to bring up similar conditions to help with the "dial-in". I know many of you keep the old Summit or Jegs log books, but there must be a more modern version of that. Plus the intimidation factor is probably good for a few "redlights" from the competitor [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I have the laptop-software??

10.09 @ 133
Old 03-13-2002, 11:06 PM
On Vacation

I have the Drag 2000 software (Version 3.05) and although I never thought about using it like that, I guess you could. It has all the parameters that you spoke of plus a ton more. I'm not saying the ET would be right on, but perhaps the difference in ET's would be close if you just changed some variables.

Old 03-14-2002, 12:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hi Bill. Can't believe Winter in Minnesota is still here...Looking forward to the upcoming race season. Congrats on your Cover Shot on PE. Here's a link I found on another BB. I'm researching this right now as well. I'll let everyone know what I find.

[URL=http://www.crew-chief.com/dragstuf/index.html]

Old 03-14-2002, 02:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Weather stations with ET prediction is the way to go. If your car is tuned to follow the weather they are usually within a few thousandths. They are really nice if you are there for the weekend and you have to dial them off the trailer on Sunday. The TAG is, in my opinion, the best one out there. The one I use is a BG and it is pretty darn accurate also. I'm not sure about one for a laptop but just about all the serious racers around here use one of some kind. I usually run the program and consider it but I always go with my gut feeling in the end. It does usually have some factor in my decision though.

Old 03-14-2002, 10:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here's another brand that had some good reviews on DragRaceResults.com.

http://www.tagrace.com/dynolog.htm

Old 03-16-2002, 08:57 PM
Senior Chief

I have used many software programs and the best one that i have used is the dyno log software. I use it for s/c 8.90 index racing and for bracket racing. Need to have at least 15 good runs to get a good base line. Tag is the manufacture of the software. You can e mail them at www.tagrace.com
good luck jack gaydosh