Old 02-28-2021, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Anyone Use a Champion Oil Filter?

Someone gave me 5 of them. Never heard of a Champion oil filter. Are they good filters?

Old 02-28-2021, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Champion Brands makes about 35 different branded oil filters under many names as well as their own. They private label almost all the 10 minute oil change stores, NAPA Pro-select, (their budget line), STP, Champ, and so many others. Overall quality is average to slightly below, based on some I have seen cut open. I have changed literally thousands and thousands of oil filters over a 50 year career and I have yet to really see an oil filter cause an engine failure. Have seen a few leak over the decades and some harder than hell to remove, even a few that didn't have any threads for installation or a rubber seal. (defects) I would use them and change them regularly.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2021, 01:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What's the model number? I use Champion oil filters in my airplane. This CH48104 fits the Pontiac filter adapter.

Old 03-01-2021, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Champion makes GOOD oil filters.

Champion makes CRAPPY oil filters.

Champion makes whatever their customer is willing to pay for.
If what you got is from their top line, you're all set. If what you got is from their bottom line, you might consider moving them along.

Note: I'm fairly certain that "Champion Laboratories" and "Champion spark plugs/Champion Aerospace:" are not related. OTOH, maybe Champion Labs makes the filters for Champion Aerospace as a private-label contractor.

https://www.champlabs.com/company/ab...-laboratories/

Last edited by Schurkey; 03-01-2021 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The filters are Champion COS25.