THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-03-2021, 11:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Ponchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Every time I try to find replacement parts for my tools they are in the "Vintage" ads on ebay.

This time it was a tap handle for my Ace Hanson US made tap and die set.
My welding mask came with a set of glass lenses.
I still use Vlchek wrenches and some of my Snap-on sockets have WWII emergency markings on them....but they still work so why stop using them?

Ponchy

Old 03-04-2021, 12:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Ponchy

...and since we're talking about old tools, does Husky still make ratchets?

Old 03-04-2021, 12:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupeute View Post
Every time that I go into my bathroom, there is some old guy in the mirror looking at me who I don't recognize !
And you won't recognize the old fart in the mirror until you put on your glasses.

The Following User Says Thank You to poncho-mike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2021, 12:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Several years ago, I went to Autofair with my son, who was around 20 years old or so. My dad had a dealer's license when I was a teenager, so about every couple of months I would get a different car to drive. As we walked the car corral, I pointed out all of the cars I had owned or driven in my youth. My son came back with "But I thought all of the old dinosaurs had to die before they turned to oil".

I reminded him it was a long walk home.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to poncho-mike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2021, 10:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho-mike View Post
When I moved, my new house was about double the square footage of my previous house but was severely lacking in garage space. Before we moved, I took a bunch of my more valuable parts like HO intakes, round port heads, etc and greased them, wrapped them in plastic wrap, bagged them, and put them in heavy duty cardboard boxes and thin wood boxes in the bottom of the closets in the new house. That was thirty years ago, and my wife has since filled up the closets up. I keep threatening to go in and dig everything out, but she doesn't want me making a mess. I don't even remember what is in some of the boxes, but there are usually two boxes in the bottom of every closet. As we get closer to retiring and downsizing, I'm really looking forward to digging out what I've stashed away in those closets.
I can remember EXACTLY where everything was two houses ago.

This house, that we've been in for 10 years? Not so much.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 03-04-2021, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDH79TA View Post
You remember waiting on the JC Whitney or P.A.W. catalog to arrive for your parts search. You wrote a check or had it sent C.O.D. for those parts. On a side note, I can remember my family ordering fireworks packages that were sent USPS....
Remember "Please allow 90 days for shipping and handling"?

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 03-04-2021, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I remember please allow 4-6 weeks delivery. Although the usps priority mail is bringing that time frame back

Old 03-04-2021, 12:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandam1979 View Post
I remember please allow 4-6 weeks delivery. Although the usps priority mail is bringing that time frame back
Ha! We both know that all too well...LOL! I will say they have gotten much better...only 2 days for the power steering pump from Lyn in IL to be delivered.

Dennis