Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:35 AM

Default 2nd Gen turbo headers

With the increased number of boost builds lately, does anyone make a set of turbo headers for a 2nd Gen Fbody with D-port heads? What are most of you guys who have done this using?

Old 12-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...=turbo+headers

Turbo 535, CV 1 heads.

Built by Cerralli Competition Engines

Tenth Anniversary (Van Nuys) restored.
Tenth Anniversary Barn Find (Norwood)
Both 4 speeds!
Old 12-29-2014, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the link. I saw that while searching. Im taking it that nobody is building these for sale? I have a set made by another PY member designed for a 67-69. They will not fit my 71TA. I figured i would just build my own but wanted to see if there were any available first.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry wrong thread. Email Aaron from that link, he was involved with having them made.

Turbo 535, CV 1 heads.

Built by Cerralli Competition Engines

Tenth Anniversary (Van Nuys) restored.
Tenth Anniversary Barn Find (Norwood)
Both 4 speeds!
Old 12-29-2014, 05:10 PM

Im pretty sure the set I have for the early cars were built by Aaron. Ill email him. Thanks!

Old 01-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Suspended

Yes, the turbo headers are still available with approximately a two week build time. You can email Aron or myself.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:53 PM

Email sent to TimeWarp. Perhaps you can share details here for anyone else who may be interested?

Old 01-13-2015, 12:00 PM

Will these clear a motor plate?

Old 01-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Suspended

Fast 69...I didn't get an email?

Here is the basic description Aron wrote a while back. Since then, we CAN do these in stainless (there is a hefty price difference), and can also do first gen firebirds too. The angles of tubes, flanges and such can be changed depending on what you need. This design was made for a single turbo, and therefore the driver's side was angled down to allow that pipe crossover a start on heading under the front pulley. If you wanted to do a twin turbo setup it could come straight forward instead.

[I]First generation firebirds
Second generation firebirds
68-73 GTO/Lemans/Tempest (A-body)
70-73 Ventura
MAYBE 64-67 GTO etc (A-body). Problem here is we dont have a test frame for trial fitting.

They are ready to go. 1st set has been built, jigs finished to reproduce. Its a done deal. They are 1 3/4" mild steel 4 tube into forward facing collectors. 2" versions will be available later, but unless you have an IA2 block I wouldnt want them personally. My car made just under 1100 hp with tiny 1 5/8" headers and iron heads that flowed 230 cfm at .600 on the intake. That was with some awfully tight 180 degree bends before reaching the turbo on my old setup too. Too large just means a slow spool up.

An option is available to weld V-band flanges to the end of the collector (price varies on whether you want a 2.5" or 3" outlet collector...I'd recommend 2.5" for most). An option is also available for a cone to be added to each collector inside ($30 extra). I am looking into coating locally for these if you opt to have the v-band clamps added. Bungs for sensors can be added as an option too.

Essentially you will have to add your own crossover pipe and turbo/wastegate flange, but thats minor compared to the work thats been done to make these things fit. My turbo will be back on the firewall again, but most of you like it up front.....or twins of course.

Base price for headers before any options is $725, and if you order now they are in the box and on their way to you within 14 days. Let me tell you that these things took some WORK to get laid out properly to clear frame, steering shaft, steering gearbox and a-arms. The pics show them without collectors but the collectors ARE included.

There will be a 2nd design on the drivers side for anyone who wants it (especially 2nd gen birds with that steering gearbox forward) for the collector to extend farther forward than in the pics. That design will be complete next week. D-port version is also available by pre-order, but due to the jig modifications that need a few more days they will be 14 days from order time if ordered now. That timeframe will shorten once the 1st set is shipped.

Posting a few pics here, but more can be seen at

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/g...hk_md/headers/

Last edited by TimeWarp; 01-13-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD311 View Post
Will these clear a motor plate?
JD311...probably not. Could you open a hole in a motor plate or modify one to work? Probably could.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:26 PM

Thanks TimeWarp. I tried to send email from your profile. Can you post a good email address here or email me? Im interested. eightsecjudge@hotmail.com

Old 01-14-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeWarp View Post
Posting a few pics here, but more can be seen at

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/g...hk_md/headers/
It says library is private

I'd like to see some pictures as it is a dream of mine to build a twin turbo setup for my 74 T/A

Thanks

Old 01-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Suspended

Fast 69 I sent you a PM

twov8s - I just double checked and the album says it is set for public. Try again and let me know?

Old 01-14-2015, 05:23 PM

Says private for me as well.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:44 PM
Suspended

Very odd, we checked and moved the whole setup to private, then back to public again. Must be messed up somehow.