Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 09-21-2000, 10:40 AM

Hello, anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone know about Motor Mounts? Will my original frame mounts work? (I had a 400)

Old 09-21-2000, 10:40 AM

Hello, anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone know about Motor Mounts? Will my original frame mounts work? (I had a 400)

Old 09-22-2000, 08:28 AM

you'll need to change the frame mounts and probably the exhaust also. why an olds? mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 09-22-2000, 09:57 AM

The reason for the Olds motor was strickly Price. My friend had the motor built by a professional race shop and never put it in a car. I got tired of looking at it on a stand. I got the Motor, Tranny (built), radiator, headers, and EVERYTHING else all the way to the air cleaner, even the coil, wires and belts, hoses, hell everything but I car. I paid for the price he had paid for the machining alone! It puts out 407 HP and 493 lbs trq. on pump gas. it should be plenty of fun! check it out @ http://www.usinternet.com/users/lugert

Old 09-29-2000, 09:50 PM

one other thing you'll want to change; front springs. the olds is about 200-250lbs heavier. mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 10-24-2000, 08:50 PM

What you really want to watch out for are 73-77 Cutlass-442 455 frame brackets and mounts. Failing that 73-74 350 Olds mounts and brackets. In matched sets either will work as the installed height is the same.The 455 mounts are the captured type and more desirable. Miss matching BB and SB pieces will result in height problems. That being said , all the little things to change like fuel lines ,a/c stuff, wiring, has to make me wonder if a Pontiac could not be found for it and the Olds get past on to a needy Olds owner. Regards, Gerry