Old 02-08-2016, 06:10 PM

Default Will 66 front inner fender wells work on 64/65??

Basically just what the title asks?? Will 66 front inner fender well work on a 64/65?? The ones that I have for my 65 are kinda junk, but I have a really nice 66 set. I was just wondering if I can use them? Thanks

Old 02-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They will fit and work,but I think the drivers side is shaped a little different at the top rear to clear P/B booster when equipped. Also 66 used a small bracket from the inner fender to firewall,64-5 did not. So there will 2 holes on the 66 fenderwell that you will need to deal with on each side.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Boost Engineer

A Body expert would recognize them for what they are but the average street guy would never notice or really care. Unless you are doing a 100% resto, if the parts fit and are in great shape, go ahead and use them and enjoy the car.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Won't work on a 64 for sure but the 65-67 are basically the same with some minor differences for each year.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 02-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Boost Engineer

I need to sell a couple of sets of the 65-67 inner fender wells (that do not fit a 64).

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:56 PM

They work on a 64 but the drivers side is shaped differently due to the booster. Average person would not know or notice.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:57 PM
Boost Engineer

Thanks. Good solid parts was what was important for me, when I bought them, not worries about having the wrong booster clearance when my car has always be a non power brake car but will be a Hydra-boost car at some point.

Tom V.