Old 02-20-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John62 View Post
B-man, you seem to like the second gen. F body 1.25 front sway bar. Is it any different from any other 1.25 aftermarket sway bar made to fit the A body?
There may be a slight difference in fit (small difference in center to center where the end links connect I think), but the 2nd-gen sway bars fit perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

They've been used on A-body cars by many over the years, works for me. Can still find them for cheap in the boneyards if you're lucky, of course it was much easier years back when I used to hunt for them.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have an F body 1.25 front sway bar up front on my GTO and I love it. Works great. The only thing I see with it is when you put your car on a lift and get it off the floor the end links will rub the ball joints. It hasn't caused any problems tho seeing everything is not moving while in the air. And no problems when it's back on the ground.

I might not use the 1-3/8" bar Bart. With the airbags and air shocks the GTO corners flat. No oversteer problems either with this setup. Even with the rear jacked up just a bit to give it a bit of forward rake.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:04 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
I have an F body 1.25 front sway bar up front on my GTO and I love it. Works great. The only thing I see with it is when you put your car on a lift and get it off the floor the end links will rub the ball joints. It hasn't caused any problems tho seeing everything is not moving while in the air. And no problems when it's back on the ground.

I might not use the 1-3/8" bar Bart. With the airbags and air shocks the GTO corners flat. No oversteer problems either with this setup. Even with the rear jacked up just a bit to give it a bit of forward rake.
Today I was under my '64 Le Mans changing a fuel hose and I took a picture of the sway bar end link, you can see I have the same 1.25" bar that you have. The suspension is at full droop in this picture, my floor jack is under the engine crossmember.

The end links are not even close to the ball joints. Perhaps your sway bar end links are the wrong ones, maybe they're too long.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's what I was thinking too Bart. Wrong end links. Mine look too long compare to yours. We actually had to cut an inch or so off the end of them. On the ground they're ok but in the air you can see they're too long. They need changing anyways so I'm going to get a new set.

What part number did you use Bart? Yours looks just right.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.