Old 06-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoland View Post
"Professional" theives most likely took it. Just as the saying goes 'Gone in 60 Seconds'.

May have been watching out for it and they called 'the gang' when it was out to snatch it. Sorry to hear, it may end up in Russia as some Firebirds from Chicago were taken some time ago.
Pretty much what the detective has told us. He thinks it went out of state and possibly out of the country. Real life "gone in 60 seconds". I really learned a lesson here. -Jim

Old 06-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Lightbulb

Maybe it will show up on CarDomain.com in Europe or something.
If it does, hopefully you will be able to have it extridited (sp) back to U.S.

Seeking recovery of my stolen 1988 Buick LeSabre T-type. Primary summer driver & Road Trip car.
Garnet Red with 2007 PENDOT inspection stickers on windshield. Had minor damage to left rear quarter & bumper. Last three of VIN: 301
Could be being driven with altered VIN.
Bodywork on left rear quarter (near the tail light) would be a tip-off.
Last seen by a patrol officer doing a routine plate check in Gary, Indiana, August 31, 2009
(The thieves were driving, but my plate was clean.)
Old 07-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJim View Post
Thanks Guys. i just spoke with the detective on the case. His best guess is a chop shop in Atlanta. I am still hoping it was younger criminals that just wanted to drive it. Either way it is pretty sad here, my younger son(22) had helped with a lot of the work on the car. Thanks for all your thoughts and especially your prayers. -Jim
Crap. I just saw this.

Sorry.

I had two guns stolen out of my truck in early June in Atlanta (I was in a place where I could not carry them). The police recovered them four days later when doing a raid on a "chop shop" and dummy was standing there with one of my guns in each hand.

I had the Fulton prosecutor and the police in agreement to return the guns to me, but the ATF picked them up from Atlanta and is holding them as evidence. They are charging the guy with federal charges because he is a violent convicted felon (just the kind of guy you do NOT want to have guns).

I will work on getting them returned once a federal prosecutor is assigned to the case. I have already been working with lawyers at the ATF, but they will not do anything without the prosecutor's permission . . .

Anyway, Atlanta PD does have a whole task force dedicated to making life hard on the chop shops. You just never know what will turn up.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

sorry to hear about your loss. i know i'd lose my mind if one of mine got taken. shopping malls and movie theaters are at the top of my 'places not to park' list. heck, i have to sit in by a window in any restaurant i go to just so can watch 'em during a meal!

Old 07-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard Dog View Post
Crap. I just saw this.

Sorry.

I had two guns stolen out of my truck in early June in Atlanta (I was in a place where I could not carry them). The police recovered them four days later when doing a raid on a "chop shop" and dummy was standing there with one of my guns in each hand.

I had the Fulton prosecutor and the police in agreement to return the guns to me, but the ATF picked them up from Atlanta and is holding them as evidence. They are charging the guy with federal charges because he is a violent convicted felon (just the kind of guy you do NOT want to have guns).

I will work on getting them returned once a federal prosecutor is assigned to the case. I have already been working with lawyers at the ATF, but they will not do anything without the prosecutor's permission . . .

Anyway, Atlanta PD does have a whole task force dedicated to making life hard on the chop shops. You just never know what will turn up.
Yea, it's the "chop" in chop shop that bothers me. Good luck getting your weapons back from the Feds, the way things are going, the 2nd ammendment might be gone before you can get them! -Jim

Old 07-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
the way things are going, the 2nd ammendment might be gone before you can get them! -Jim
No, way! That is why I was a founding member of GCO!

http://www.georgiacarry.org/

Old 07-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know. Keep up the good work. -Jim

Old 07-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Used to live on the South Side Lake Spivey, don't miss the excitement of working in Forest Park one bit...

Old 07-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Post View Post
Used to live on the South Side Lake Spivey, don't miss the excitement of working in Forest Park one bit...
I am so old I can remember when Forest Park was a safe place. We used to play baseball over there. In my teenage years we would circle the Shoneys. Lake Spivey was a great place to go in the summer. Times sure have changed and not for the better. -Jim

Old 07-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jim,
They sure have, I got transfered up he 7 years ago, according to my old neighbors, big time changes especially in Clayton County. I sure do miss the GA winters!

Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

F'n sucks !

Old 07-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratman View Post
F'n sucks !
What the winters in GA?

Old 07-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Stolen last night. I let my 22 year old son take his date to the movies in Newnan. Parked 4 spaces from the front door, came out 2 hours later and she was gone! A GTO was solen the next couty over also. Wish me luck. Maybe they will just take the wheels and tires. -Jim
I will keep an eye out for it up here in the North east I am located in CT.

Nothing I hate more than a car thief!

Thats why I have security cameras etc. I dont really drive mine or leave them anywhere but I guess if you do your taking a chance.

Fuel pump cut off switches and stuff like that helps with the small timers I guess but if the big boys go for it the only thing that will save it is a good insurance policy.

I knew a guy a few years back nicest guy you could meet. I Never saw it coming and he got busted for stealing alot of cars!

Many of us who were close to him never even knew anything about it until he was busted.

A couple had an Idea he was doing something extra for cash but most thought it was drug related.

**** we have security cameras on our excavation equipment when we leave it on jobsites were so paranoid.LOL

Little vandals are fun to catch!

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
I will keep an eye out for it up here in the North east I am located in CT.

Nothing I hate more than a car thief!

Thats why I have security cameras etc. I dont really drive mine or leave them anywhere but I guess if you do your taking a chance.

Fuel pump cut off switches and stuff like that helps with the small timers I guess but if the big boys go for it the only thing that will save it is a good insurance policy.

I knew a guy a few years back nicest guy you could meet. I Never saw it coming and he got busted for stealing alot of cars!

Many of us who were close to him never even knew anything about it until he was busted.

A couple had an Idea he was doing something extra for cash but most thought it was drug related.

**** we have security cameras on our excavation equipment when we leave it on jobsites were so paranoid.LOL

Little vandals are fun to catch!
I don't think you are being as much paranoid as just facing the facts. We live in a world now that seems to have lost all of it's morals. I was raised to treat others the way you want to be treated and to never lie or steal. I pray America can turn it around. -Jim

Old 11-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just got off the telephone with Savannah Ga. PD. They have my car!!! Supposedly in good shape? I will be going down next Monday to pick it up. Thief had swapped the VIN but still had my tag? What's up with that?? Defintely my car, still has the Convo-Pros and Lemans dash in it. Hopefully it is not too bad. -Jim

Old 11-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Let me be the first to say; That is awesome news Jim!!!!! I just hope she's in good shape. I hope you can get the smell of the swine that stole her out!

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"
Old 11-05-2009, 07:05 PM

That's GREAT!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Pontiacmuscle

Totally off The Charts Jim!! I never gave up hope for ya bro! Thats the best news Ive had all week!! Really Happy for You....). I was cleaning out my old photos and I came across the one you'd posted when the car was taken and got to thinking.....now you've got two aweosme Pontiacs again'! Please keep us posted as to condition and fate of the car. Merry Early Christmas Man....Im doing a victory dance for ya!

Old 11-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

To quote Jeff Spicoli " awesome totally awesome" Good luck man.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Senior Chief

Yeah! That gives me an excuse for a beer! Congrats.

John.