Old 11-27-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirk View Post
Great story!! Very rare in the larger picture that people get their cars back. I knew a retired car theif. Mexican guy. Very interesting to hear him talk about the why's and hows. He was contract to hire guy associated with a body shop. A guy would total out his SUV, or what ever... go to the body shop, shop would pay him, he would go out and steal the exact year make and model that was totalled, return it to the shop, and swap the vin. . . Body shop and owner get to split the insurance pay out. or what ever deal is worked out.

I have the solution to solve 99% of stolen car problems... DeWalt Mobilock in your car. Check it out. I sleep like a baby and take my car out in public with no worries.

Question for you Mirk, isn't that the same as LoJack? Or can you track yourself from PC without having to call anyone. If so, could it be used to track my kid, let's say he says he's driving to so and so, could I track it without having to call any one (namely authorities)?

Old 11-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mobilock

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 11-28-2009, 10:42 AM

Yes that is correct 60 Cat. You do not need to call any police. You just log onto the website from any pc and click on "Locate" and it will give the location of the device within little less than half a city block radius. It also tracks movement. No reason to call the police unless you feel there is a reason. Just be warned that the vibration sensor is VERY sensitive. Someone driving by with loud music will cause the device to text message you.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

wouldn't it be easier to just keep an eye on your car? and don't take it to questionable places?

Old 11-28-2009, 12:41 PM

Not really guccieng. People have had their cars stolen right out of their garages while they are at work. You cannot stop someone from stealing your car. They could point a gun at you and take it by force. Mobilock will give you the power of knowing where your car is so you can call the police and have it recovered. Same with Lo/Jack. Or any live GPS tracking system.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
I can't tell you how happy I am for you, Jim.

I had been thinking earlier this week, the VIN on my LeSabre T-type has probably been switched. Otherwise, no reason it shouldn't have turned up by now. It's such an easy to spot car. Same deal with your Grand Am.
If the cops would just review a photo folder of the easy to spot stolen vehicles, say once a week, they would see some of them driving around in broad daylight.
They just file the report away & forget about them.

I would like to drive around Chicago & Gary and I bet I would spot my Buick within a few weeks.
Trouble is I'd need to be driving an ex-squad car, and have an AK-47, to feel safe in the hoods I'd have to go through.
Lightfoot ,

Have you ever considered posting the facts concerning your missing T Type on V-8 Buick.com or the BCA website :www.buickclub.org. These are all hardcore Buick guys and they would take the theft of your Buick as seriously as PY has taken the theft of your Grand Am. And lord forbid if one of the members was responsible (man I hope not ) for your T Type , it would let them know you were still on the hunt.

Dan