Old 04-20-2011, 05:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Heating / Cooling issue for 1999 GMC pick up truck. Any advice ?

Guy's a friend is having issues with his 1999 GMC 1/2 ton pick up. I changed the thermostat & housing (as one unit) , upper and lower radiator hoses, heater hoses and fresh fluids. System does not seem to build pressure and the heat is very mild output. Any suggestions ? Also I think I am hearing the water pump bearing starting to squeal, just once in a while. Truck has 125,00 miles on it. Please advise. Thank You.

Tim john---

Old 04-22-2011, 09:12 PM

Any chance you have an air lock?
Are there any coolant leaks? IIRC those engines has plastic intake gaskets that would deteriorate and crack. They usually leaked externally,the odd time internally. They have come out with a metal gasket now.There was also another common leak at the heater hose fitting at the intake (these would crack).
HTH.Good Luck.
Let us know what you find.
Nick