Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Old 05-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would love to have a 59 Bonneville 2dr hardtop but that's on my keep dreaming buddy list

Old 05-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, on the plus side, the car quality is still very good...the numbers are just down. One of my favorites right here-

Last edited by Greg Reid; 05-07-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff, I didn't make it to the show this year. Something came up.

Hope everyone had a good time.

Thanks to everyone who shares pics!

thepontiacman@yahoo.com

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wish I could have been there. Heard I still won third place in my class, and my car was not even there. Apparently only three registered in my class, so when I was the third that didn't show, and the trophies had already been engraved with the 2017 date...well...you get a trophy! I was there in spirit though!

BJ

Old 05-07-2017, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Yeah, on the plus side, the car quality is still very good...the numbers are just down. One of my favorites right here-

Hated I missed that one!

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 05-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by se428bandit View Post
Pics #4
The 67 GTO hardtop and 65 GTO convertible look very nice!

Old 05-09-2017, 06:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There was certainly some beautiful work on display. Numbers were actually up from last year but a good ways from where they need to be. I guess it's going in the right direction at least. The swap area especially is way down since the location change.
There was a very interesting '70?.. Buick GS there under construction. It was Orange...one of 56 apparently. I'd never heard of that.

Last edited by Greg Reid; 05-09-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

By the way, this GP was one of the more interesting cars there. According to the owner, it is totally original with less than 10,000 miles on it. Looked like the real deal.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:54 PM

Greg, you are correct, This car was an amazing survivor. I took plenty of photographs as a friend is restoring an SSJ Grand Prix and this example is answering many questions about how early 70's G/P were build. Owner of this one was great to speak with and knew his stuff about the car.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
By the way, this GP was one of the more interesting cars there. According to the owner, it is totally original with less than 10,000 miles on it. Looked like the real deal.

That's an absolute twin to one that belonged to a girl I went to high school with. Her dad bought it new for her way back then. Her hair almost matched the car!

Old 05-09-2017, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

I HAD THE TRIPLET TO that car in college! If someone could send me a few more pics I'd appreciate it. Mine was not in as nice shape but I had a real tri-power on it that, along with a cam, really woke that GP up! Very cool car.

I have only two pics of this car,, one of the engine and this one with me and my friend adding tranny fluid during a trip to the shore (tranny died a few months later). Note the lack of a hood. It's on the lawn. We went without hood hinges for a while after the engine work. MAN that hood was heavy.

469, M21, 3.42

Old 05-10-2017, 06:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's a lot of transmission fluid...lol
I did not take any pics. I copied that from one of the pics Russ posted on page one. He may have some more though.
Jerry, who knows..that might be the same car. I did not ask the guy where it came from but I expect it's a Georgia car and somebody sure had it back then.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
That's a lot of transmission fluid...lol
Yes, yes it was! And we were only half way to our destination when we had to stop to put it in. It came as no surprise when I lost 3rd & reverse that winter. On the plus side, I got VERY good at backing into parking spots by pulling up onto, then rolling off of speed bumps at college. And this in a 4,000+ car! (Power bench seats add weight).

That car ran high 13's and chirped every shift once rebuilt.

469, M21, 3.42

Old 05-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Need Help Finding This Stolen 52 Olds

Just got this email this morning, so posting it up to help a fellow car enthusiast out.

Quote:
Thank you to all of you who supported our recent BOPC Event.
However, in the midst of our celebration, we had a very unfortunate incident and we'd like to ask for your (continued) help with the situation. As some of you may already be aware, Larry and Elaine Palmer had their beautiful Oldsmobile stolen the night before the event took place. Their truck and trailer carrying the Olds was also stolen however both the truck and trailer have recently been found. The Oldsmobile is still missing and we'd like your help in spreading the word. Please share this with everyone you know and be on the lookout for this vehicle:
1952 Oldsmobile Super 88, Burgundy, Convertible
Vin # 528M12355
Tag # AA 96827 TN (antique). REWARD $10,000

If found, contact the Cobb County Police Department
(770)-499-3911)
Officer- X.D. WIlson
Badge # 2628
Or email to: lpalmer07@comcast.net
Please share this email with your friends and fellow car enthusiasts. Please also let everyone know to be aware of purchasing any specific parts to this make/model that are offered as new/like new.

Thanks,
Amy Becham
Dixie Olds Club

Thanks,
BJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0127.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	454663  

Old 05-16-2017, 10:55 AM