THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-18-2020, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
^^ I must have missed that. I didn't see anyone complaining about the Pontiac engine?
Post #6 and I think I misunderstood post #11 the first time through. Still not sure what #12 is trying to say, may not have anything to do with old Pontiac engines... LOL.

The Following User Says Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2020, 12:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Post #6 and I think I misunderstood post #11 the first time through. Still not sure what #12 is trying to say, may not have anything to do with old Pontiac engines... LOL.
FWIW, I posted #11, just to clarify, I would never put an LS engine in a early GTO. My 05 GTO came with an LS engine in it, and it's a great car, but I'd never put an LS engine in an early one.

Bitchin Rides put an LS in a 60s cadillac convertible, I just watched their show today and put and they put a LS in a 64 Tempest. Texas Metal does the same thing, that's why I posted this thread in the first place, so surprised they kept the Stratostreak engine. In a few years kids attending car shows will think every GM car since 55 came with an LS engine in it, and some fox body mustangs too......

The Stratosteak engine has been refined so that 600 HP is pretty easily attainable for a street car, no reason I can see to use an LS engine in an early Pontiac, even 500 cadillacs can run up there. So why are they putting a LS engine in a cadillac and putting fake valve covers on the engines that say "cadillac"?

In today's episode with the 64 Tempest, they milled the corvette script off a pair of SBC aluminum valve covers and mounted the chrome Tempest quarter panel script on the corvette valve covers, then attached them to the LS engine..........

The reference to post #12 is referenced what I believe to be, no matter what engine came in the car from Pontiac, it's still a Pontiac, that would be my take on it.

I've owned nothing but just a very few cars in the last 50 years that weren't Pontiacs, but some have had diesels, 3.8 buicks, 3.1 V6s, even a couple Fieros with 2.5, 4 cylinders, one 4th gen T/A with a 350. Many of the cars I owned had Stratostreak V8s in them, the titles all said Pontiac on them, no matter what engine came in them. Even had 3 Jeeps that I transplanted Pontiac V8s in them, they were still Jeeps though.........

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 06-19-2020, 01:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
FWIW, I posted #11, just to clarify, I would never put an LS engine in a early GTO. My 05 GTO came with an LS engine in it, and it's a great car, but I'd never put an LS engine in an early one.

Bitchin Rides put an LS in a 60s cadillac convertible, I just watched their show today and put and they put a LS in a 64 Tempest. Texas Metal does the same thing, that's why I posted this thread in the first place, so surprised they kept the Stratostreak engine. In a few years kids attending car shows will think every GM car since 55 came with an LS engine in it, and some fox body mustangs too......

The Stratosteak engine has been refined so that 600 HP is pretty easily attainable for a street car, no reason I can see to use an LS engine in an early Pontiac, even 500 cadillacs can run up there. So why are they putting a LS engine in a cadillac and putting fake valve covers on the engines that say "cadillac"?

In today's episode with the 64 Tempest, they milled the corvette script off a pair of SBC aluminum valve covers and mounted the chrome Tempest quarter panel script on the corvette valve covers, then attached them to the LS engine..........

The reference to post #12 is referenced what I believe to be, no matter what engine came in the car from Pontiac, it's still a Pontiac, that would be my take on it.

I've owned nothing but just a very few cars in the last 50 years that weren't Pontiacs, but some have had diesels, 3.8 buicks, 3.1 V6s, even a couple Fieros with 2.5, 4 cylinders, one 4th gen T/A with a 350. Many of the cars I owned had Stratostreak V8s in them, the titles all said Pontiac on them, no matter what engine came in them. Even had 3 Jeeps that I transplanted Pontiac V8s in them, they were still Jeeps though.........
We are in complete agreement. I just misread your older post the first time through. This fetish with putting LS's into everything is dumb. I'd much rather see an old Cadillac or whatever get built, even if it doesn't make as much power. I mean, how often are you going to need 600 HP in your cruiser? A 500 HP Pontiac engine is more than most people will actually ever use anyway.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Sorry but it's the truth.

The original spoiler and chrome bumper are about 10,000% better looking.

Just because you have the ability to change something, doesn't always mean you should change it.........
Agree. I don't like the moldings on the sides and the front air dam. It's a damn nice car, but the engine compartment (not including the engine) looks like it cost way more than it makes the car worth. Looks like a very fun car, but not worth what they have in it.