Old 02-20-2020, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Interior Opinion

Subject is a 1973 /1975 Deluxe Burgundy interior.
Thoughts on using a BLACK door pull, vs having to dye a part that might wear off the dye? Not looking for originally, just some thoughts on the contrast.. etc..

Old 02-21-2020, 08:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Subject is a 1973 /1975 Deluxe Burgundy interior.
Thoughts on using a BLACK door pull, vs having to dye a part that might wear off the dye? Not looking for originally, just some thoughts on the contrast.. etc..
I think it would look odd best to look for the correct on.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

How much use is the handle going to get? Unfortunately my car only gets to enjoy the road once a month or so during the winter a bit more often when it gets warm. But not nearly enough to wear a finish off the door handle. I had a set of old seats from the swap meet that were dyed black over tan, and they held up incredibly well. I didn't even know they were tan until I started to take them apart. If that stuff will last on a seat I think a handle would be little problem.

Old 02-23-2020, 04:39 PM
Suspended

X2 correct colour will look best. Even a heavily worn handle will look better than just black and can simply redye if ever got that bad.