Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 03-25-2024, 06:31 PM

Default 67 Firebird door panels

I have a question here I have tried to order custom door panels from Ames for a while now and have been informed we have a long wait to receive if I do order
I am needing Gold custom . Can I post on PY in search of . My customer #1070325 67 convertible Thanks Dave

Old 03-25-2024, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have you tried Legendary...I know they probably have long wait times also.

Old 03-28-2024, 08:14 AM

Al knoc has them and they have some stuff on sale.

Old 03-28-2024, 08:16 AM

Al knock (915 886 5800) has them and they have some stuff on sale.

Old 03-28-2024, 08:36 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustytinman55 View Post
I have a question here I have tried to order custom door panels from Ames for a while now and have been informed we have a long wait to receive if I do order
I am needing Gold custom . Can I post on PY in search of . My customer #1070325 67 convertible Thanks Dave
Rustytinman55, these custom door panels are a special order item and can take a little time to receive. Our supplier is Al Knoch, the same as mentioned by others on this thread. Most likely if we're giving you a lead time you will get the same response if you go to them direct. I'll check with the manufacturer today and post a reply once I have an accurate ETA for you. Please feel free to call with any questions or concerns!

Thanks,
Kyler @ Ames
1(800)421-2637

Old 04-01-2024, 10:30 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMES-TECH View Post
Rustytinman55, these custom door panels are a special order item and can take a little time to receive. Our supplier is Al Knoch, the same as mentioned by others on this thread. Most likely if we're giving you a lead time you will get the same response if you go to them direct. I'll check with the manufacturer today and post a reply once I have an accurate ETA for you. Please feel free to call with any questions or concerns!

Thanks,
Kyler @ Ames
1(800)421-2637
So it looks like the manufacturer makes a gold but we decided not to carry it. This was due to it's inaccuracy of the color and lack of any match to our PUI or Legendary interior colors. Our only recommendation would be to purchase door panels of another color and use our VDM43 interior dye to achieve a good match to PUIs M43 gold vinyl.

Thanks!
Kyler @ Ames