Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 11-26-2023, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Ordering system

I just ordered some things for my GTO . The search area is clunky and frustrating.

Ordering was slow and felt like I was on dial up

I did like the old on line catalogue system better

Old 11-26-2023, 10:05 PM

I ordered some stuff this weekend and found the site slow and clunky.

Old 11-26-2023, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ames pricing and shipping times has driven me to buy most of my customer Pontiac parts from a competitor (NPD). I hate that because I'm a die hard Pontiac guy.

Old 11-26-2023, 11:57 PM
Senior Chief

Does seem to be worse than normal this weekend. Couldn’t even get it to accept 1969 for a Firebird year unless I clicked on 1967. Very slow opening up the catalog search windows also…. And yeah, shipping from anywhere is high these days but a bit more than average here. Just not the same old Ames..

Old 11-28-2023, 10:49 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Hawk View Post
I just ordered some things for my GTO . The search area is clunky and frustrating.

Ordering was slow and felt like I was on dial up

I did like the old on line catalogue system better
02Hawk, I do apologize for the frustration! I spoke with our IT department and the developers; there is something that is slowing down the website and specifically the ordering process. This has been an issue within the last week and should be resolved very soon. We've received great review overall from our customers since it dropped in late July; I hope you can give it another chance! This is of course a very new website and will be continually evolving. We appreciate your feedback very much.

Thanks!
Kyler @ Ames
(800)421-2637

Old 11-28-2023, 11:02 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
Ames pricing and shipping times has driven me to buy most of my customer Pontiac parts from a competitor (NPD). I hate that because I'm a die hard Pontiac guy.
400 4spd, we have always prided ourselves with not only the best customer service and support but some of the best prices in the industry. What I find most of the time is where a competitor may have free or cheaper shipping cost, they make up for with the cost of product. I just went ahead and built a few small orders on NPDs website; most if not all of the items come in at a higher price than ours and shipping cost was very comparable.

Where they have "free shipping" (which does not include all items, specifically oversize items) over a certain amount, we have discounts over a certain amount that in most cases will cover shipping cost and then some.

Please feel free to shoot me an email if you'd like to speak any further or have some examples, I would love to help.

Thank you!
Kyler @ Ames
(800)421-2637
kyler@amesperf.com

Old 11-28-2023, 11:19 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwfisher View Post
Does seem to be worse than normal this weekend. Couldn’t even get it to accept 1969 for a Firebird year unless I clicked on 1967. Very slow opening up the catalog search windows also…. And yeah, shipping from anywhere is high these days but a bit more than average here. Just not the same old Ames..
rwfisher, I'm glad to hear you've recognized shipping cost increases everywhere; It's a sad but true reality in the current world of mail order retail. Concerning us being a bit above average, I've gone through many of our competitors websites and created orders to see where we fall. Our shipping costs have been average, sometimes even less. What I find is where some competitors shipping cost may be less, they make up for with cost of the product.

Concerning that we're "not the same old Ames", please feel free to email me with any poor experiences or questions; I'd love to hear you out. We're a family business that prides ourselves in customer support and satisfaction, the same way we did when our doors opened up in 1976.

Thanks!
Kyler @ Ames
(800)421-2637
kyler@amesperf.com

Old 04-06-2024, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just ordered off the web site 5mins ago. fast and easy for me. 72 Lemans fwiw

Old 04-08-2024, 09:40 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacsolan View Post
Seems to be worse than normal this weekend. Couldn’t even get it to accept 1969 for a Firebird year unless I clicked on 1967. Very slow opening up the catalog search windows as well…. And yes, shipping from anywhere is high these days, but it's a bit more than average here. Just not the same old Ames.
I apologize for the slower than normal website! I'll make sure to relay this to our IT team. I'm also sorry to hear that you think our shipping is higher than normal. We price our products the absolute best we can and we do this with our shipping costs as well. We are a small family owned business and we can only do so much regarding these increasing costs seen nationwide. I believe if you check our competitors, shipping costs are either very close or it's made up for in the cost of product. I can promise you, we are still the same old Ames that strives to provide the best product, prices and support in the industry.

Thank you!
Kyler @ Ames