Old 08-11-2016, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I paid 1/2 that for a complete, running & driving SSJ with shipping from NV. Only rust was under the top.

He's about 12-15K over realistic value.

With what I know now about restoring these cars I wouldn't have paid what he did in the first place.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:43 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Meaney View Post
not that it matters, I'll give my opinion anyway. Yes, the asking price is way out of line for what it is. a convertible judge, '69 T/A, or Hollywood specialty car, all are very desirable (to a wide range of people) and have six figure potential restored. the poor SSJ doesn't share that desirability among anywhere near as large a buying group, unfortunately. the few nice SSJ's I've seen for sale on the internet, have had an asking price in the mid to high twenty's. even if they were going well into the thirties, at the original sellers 3k price, you'd still be upside down in that car after the restoration. let alone with a 18K buy in.

all that being said, I don't begrudge anybody for asking whatever they want for their car. after all, it is their car and a free market. If it doesn't make sense to me, I'll just move on. knowing what little I do know, I just don't see a path being beaten down to his door by people wanting to buy them. good for him, if I'm wrong.
Your opinion matters ! LOL You mentioned the original ad this car was selling for 3k but when I first saw this thread and later checked out the CL ad the seller wanted 10k and then the ad disappeared a couple of days later. So how much was it ?

Old 08-12-2016, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't see the 10k add and have no idea what it sold for. the latest add for 18K is still up on craigs list. just updated after a month.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Suspended

It appears that someone is buying this SSJ.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

do you know if the sale was completed and the final price? it would be great to see it resurrected.

Old 11-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think its back up for sale........at the high price who would really buy it?