National Events Events that normally draw audiences from more than a 10 state range

Old 05-25-2017, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Does it look like this ??

The license plate says CHEATIN. A "Beach Boys" street story.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3126.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	455502   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3130.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	455503  

3 Generations of "Beach Boys Racing" !

Everybody knows somthin.
Nobody knows everything !

1st time on a dragstrip, 1964. Flagstart !

"Thanks for the entertainment."

"Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties"

Last edited by Old Goat Racer; 05-25-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes! I swear I don't have any normal pictures of this car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	455563  

Old 05-27-2017, 12:32 PM

How are registration numbers looking for the 2017 convention? I booked a room months ago but I am waffling, haven't registered for the convention itself yet, wouldn't be bringing a car anyway.

Last year's convention results said 337 registrants (presumably the GTOAA members or the primary registrants) and their families so over 700 people if I remember correctly, and 259 cars not counting the display only cars. I attended in Seattle, but wouldn't have except for the additional draw of the Alaska cruise.

I understand that it's a new approach for GTOAA to have promotion of the 2018 convention before the 2017 convention's over, wondering if or how that is influencing sign-ups for 2017 either way.

Old 05-27-2017, 01:48 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longs View Post
How are registration numbers looking for the 2017 convention? I booked a room months ago but I am waffling, haven't registered for the convention itself yet, wouldn't be bringing a car anyway.

Last year's convention results said 337 registrants (presumably the GTOAA members or the primary registrants) and their families so over 700 people if I remember correctly, and 259 cars not counting the display only cars. I attended in Seattle, but wouldn't have except for the additional draw of the Alaska cruise.

I understand that it's a new approach for GTOAA to have promotion of the 2018 convention before the 2017 convention's over, wondering if or how that is influencing sign-ups for 2017 either way.
Registrations are doing really well for the 2017 convention and as of now are on par for similar numbers as 2016's convention.

The GTOAA board decided to begin advertising the 2018 convention well in advance as that convention is some 500+ miles away from Springfield. As long as the proceeding convention is not within a closer distance we'll be advertising the following years convention in advance so that the chapter can begin promoting it and GTOAA members can look ahead to the following year and make plans well in advance.

Numbers for the 2017 convention are not impacted and registrations are strong. A lot of interest has been generated for the 2018 Convention in Valley Forge, PA.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:16 PM

It's great to hear that the registrations for 2017 are going well. There hasn't been much chatter here about the convention, but it sounds like there are some good events and speakers planned, in addition to seeing the GTOs, of course! The hotel's not too expensive and it's a one day drive, so I am leaning towards going.

For me in Pittsburgh, the 2017 convention is almost 600 miles West, and the 2018 convention is 300 miles East. I wouldn't take my GTO on the 600 mile trip but hoping to take it the 300 miles to Valley Forge in 2018.

Old 05-27-2017, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat Racer View Post
Is there a fee if I want to spectate 1 day ?
Let me ask it this way. Do I have to register to be a spectator ?

Everybody knows somthin.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:54 AM

Default gtoaa

no you do not

Old 05-31-2017, 06:32 AM
Senior Chief

Our 2017 Convention is now just 4 weeks away. Several speakers will be conducting seminars, and informational discussions on the history of GTOs, performance and MUCH, MUCH more! You can read about our guest speakers at the link: https://gem.godaddy.com/p/677f2a

There will be NO CHARGE for spectators to view show cars both concours and popular vote. Memberships to the GTOAA will be accepted at this convention. This would be a GREAT opportunity to check us out at this convention and join the nearly 4,000 members who are enjoying being part of the GTO community.

****************** GTOAA Board Waives Fee for Late Registration!!! *****************

Due to the large number of registrations received for the 2017 GTOAA convention, the GTOAA Board has decided to waive the $25 late fee for registrations after June 1st. GTOAA members are still encouraged to register as soon as possible to get the best selection of available activities.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:56 AM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up

Follow the link for information on the FREE Parking Lot Party.

https://gem.godaddy.com/p/a3cb3a?fe=...b9bac2b032f611

Old 06-12-2017, 09:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to rick c
Default 2017 CONVENTION

My wife and I are flying in from New Hampshire . We are looking forward .

Old 06-17-2017, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is anybody hooking up with Gateway GTO to cross the "OLD" Chain Of Rocks Bridge ?
I used to cross that bridge twice a day going back and forth to work in 1964 in my '59 Wide Track Catalina. Had to slow down to 20 MPH to make the midway turn.
Obviously the same engineers didn't design the Arch.
I live 70 miles from it now, but I might do it just cause.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=close

Everybody knows somthin.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:29 AM

Yes. Plan to hook up with them (signed up with "Dan") 0830, Tue., 6/27/17 at Vistors Center on Riverview and participate in cruise to Springfield.