Old 09-28-2019, 04:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Drivers Side Fuel Line-Can it be replaced easily?

I have a '70 Bird that I will be installing a 76-81 fuel line into. This line (from my understanding) runs on the drivers side, from the tank to the outside of the subframe, between the control arms, and into the engine compartment. I will be installing this as a return line for my EFI. It looks easier to install compared to the '70 setup, which runs under the engine.

My question is, can this line be added easily with access to a lift? It looks like it runs outside the frame, so I shouldn't need to drop the subframe or move anything major. Can anybody with this fuel line style verify this for me? I cannot find any good pics online. Thank you!

Old 09-28-2019, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

IIRC, yes you can easily remove and replace it.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thank you!

Old 11-26-2019, 03:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I replaced the fuel line on my 78 TA. Im pretty sure I ordered from Summit and the line was made by RightStuff? I was also doing my vent line and fuel return line (and brake lines). Order came in large boxes with lines a bit rolled up. I used stock fuel line size 3/8" (no stainless steel). Runs down driver's side subframe and floor. I ordered few new fuel line clip retainers. I had no lift and installed fuel line
without too much problem.