Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Senior Chief

Things are going from bad to worse on this project. I test fitted the engine today, but the motor mounts don't line up. I don't know if I have mis-matched parts or the frame is bent. There is some evidence that the left side was hit in the past. There is some bending where the bumper attaches to the frame. I am at a loss as to how to proceed. The entire front end was removed by the person I bought the car from. He only bought the car for its engine, so there was no engine installed and I have no knowledge if the body panels aligned since they were loose and the shims were not even reinstalled.

In test fitting the engine I had to remove half of the AC box. There doesn't look like there is enough room to re-install it it so it looks like I will need to run an after market system. I don't think anyone makes a complete kit for the 68 so I guess it will be a custom system. Something else I didn't plan on.

This is how much the aligment is off. There is a bolt in the other side.