Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Old 03-20-2024, 01:41 PM
Senior Chief

Default CHARLOTTE AUTO FAIR

APRIL 4-7 CLT. MOTOR SPEEDWAY. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE.

Old 04-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelroy View Post
APRIL 4-7 CLT. MOTOR SPEEDWAY. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE.
AACA National meet on Saturday , I plan to be there with my 63 Catalina

1961 Pontiac Catalina Tri Power / 4 speed
1961 Ford Starliner 390 / 401/ 4 speed
1962 Corvette 327/300 / 4 speed
1962 Gran Prix Tri Power / 4 speed
1963 Pontiac Catalina 421/ 4 speed
1964 Pontiac Catalina 3x2 / 4 speed
Old 04-08-2024, 01:53 PM

Boy was it down again… less vendors than last spring,& still low attendance … rumor is no fall?

Old 04-08-2024, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacs-r-us View Post
Boy was it down again… less vendors than last spring,& still low attendance … rumor is no fall?
The Fall 2024 show will be all outside of the track in the green field, if space is needed they can use the red field also. It will be called The Auto Fest as the track has the copyright to the Auto Fair name.

The Hornets Nest has 3 more years on the spring show contract inside the track using the orange field, after that they will likely be looking for a different venue.

Many car related events are losing participation & this show is no different. It didn't help the way the way vendors were treated during the cancelled 2020 show....

Old 04-08-2024, 06:13 PM

You’re right Steve. I spoke w/ a few that didn’t return,& $ was the issue… I hate it , we've been setting up for over 25yrs there… lot of good times… I asked a club member Sat. , and he said as you that it would be outside track. He did say “the rumor is”… he also said track doing an inside show simultaneously was part of rumor (?) Guess we’ll see what happens… thanks Steve for post

Old 04-08-2024, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That was right from the Hornet's Nest people, one of them came around talking to a lot of the vendors on Thursday. I didn't catch there is a show scheduled to be going on inside the track at the same time but i can believe the track would do that. The Smith Invitational show was there on Saturday with a show field of high $$$ cars & that was put on by the track.

I hear the $$$ the track gets from Ford Motorsports for the use of the old Blue field makes the swap meet money look like peanuts.