Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 11-19-2013, 02:09 PM

Default Kick Panel Replacement

I'm looking changing out my kick panels for replacements c/w the speakesr (from PY) in my 69 convert. Can't see how to remove the old ones. Are they simply held inplace by the dash and door sill plates only?

Old 12-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On my '68, you pull the vent grill off. It's held in place with some plastic tabs so be careful not to snap them off. Behind the vent grill there are a bunch of screws that hold it on. I forget how many, maybe 5 or 6.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:20 PM

Default Got it! - Thanks

Thanks for the help Shineybike. Never would've guessed the grill comes off - very tight joint. Yeh, there were 5 screws behind it - one with 2 inches clearance to a heat duct - hard to get off. Then getting the vent duct with lip through the hole in the frame was another chore. A few choice words! Anyway now for the new ones with speakers

Thanks again

Old 12-29-2013, 02:54 PM

Let me know how you like those. I was thinking about putting those in too. I just removed the kick panel yesterday. What a pain. I had to remove the emergency brake pedal to get it out.