Old 04-13-2012, 11:01 AM

Default 65 tilt with Wood sport Wheel

New to the GTO side of the forum, Hoping someone can shed some light on my issue. I'm adding a reproduction Sport wheel to my 65 GTO with tilt. I have 2 questions. I see from prior threads, that the cancel cam needs to be modified to accept the tilt or the reproduction wheel, I'm not sure which one. Number 2, I have a horn wire laying in the column that has not been attached in years. I have the new horn contact switch from PY, but cannot determine how it is connected? I do not know if I'm missing something? I will probably have to post pictures to better explain myself, but if anyone can help out I would appreciate it. Thanks- Mark

Old 04-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The cancel cam for tilt column is quite different than non-tilt. I don't know that you can modify the non tilt to work.
The horn contact switch attaches to the back of the horn button using three screws. It should come in contact with the plunger style switch that sits in the base of the sport wheel.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:22 PM

I have the reproduction cancel cam for tilt that is sold for the A bodies, I under stand you have to drill a hole, or change something to make it work.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is a tilt cam from the factory to help your modification efforts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64-6 tilt cancel cam.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	281532