Old 10-11-2012, 12:35 AM

Default How can I verify if poverty caps were NOS?

I have a set of poverty caps from a 65 GTO that the former owner indicated were NOS and he paid $500 for. Although they looked nearly new with only a few minor scratches I preferred the Rally I/redline tire look so the caps were packed away and have been sitting in a cabinet in my garage for a number of years. The wife is on one of her periodic kicks about how we are getting older and need to start getting rid of junk so I am considering selling them but don't want to misrepresent them if they are simply a good quality reproduction cap. How can I determine if they are original? They don't have any apparent part number stampings. I was told that some repo caps are aluminum, but these are some type of steel alloy as there is a slight magnetic attraction.