Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 11-22-2023, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Trailer rubber flooring?

I am redoing my trailer ramp door. The original flooring on the door must have shrunk and is loose in spots. Looks like crap. Took the old flooring off, Was a pain because where it was attached good it was really attached, Had to replace the plywood because of a little rot and could not get the old glue off the plywood. It is like gooey snot. Have no idea what Pace used for glue.
New coin flooring coming in. My question is, do you think I should use contact cement? It really holds good when I do counter tops. I don't know if vinyl floor adhesive will hold on a vertical surface. Remember this is the ramp door that usually stands straight up most of the time.

Old 11-22-2023, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Call Pace and ask them what they use?

Old 11-22-2023, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What are the recommendations of the floor material manufacturer? As long as it's compatible with contact cement, there should be no issues with it being mounted on a vertical surface.

Old 11-23-2023, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
What are the recommendations of the floor material manufacturer? As long as it's compatible with contact cement, there should be no issues with it being mounted on a vertical surface.

I just did all this research, got samples and narrowed it down to 2 places. Ultimately recpro, is hands down the best flooring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Jromaine87 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2023, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I’ve done platforms for the auto show using rubber with contact cement. We glued down the rubber Diamond plate on platforms too, all was ordered on a roll.
Funny story, there was Toyota kits made with vinyl flooring on, the guys at the shop marked the grain direction on the back when they cut the tolls up, the arrows all bled through the front, They had to re-do Every platform.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱

Last edited by burd; 11-23-2023 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-23-2023, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I bought some 1/16" checker plate 4x10 foot sheets and had the shop cut them at 1 ft wide for 4 strips. I ran them all the way from the door to where we park the car. It keeps the rubber coin floor from lifting up as you turn the front wheel back an forth when driving the car in the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5457.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	623675  

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.