67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2015, 02:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Update:

I decided to replicate my buddy Mike's setup (Hayden 2797 severe duty clutch, 19" factory fan, and repro stock shroud).

8 miles on the highway at 3k rpm, and it stayed at 175. This time it was 85* out. Now I see temps drop when I start getting up to speed, and the only temp creep I get is a few degrees when stopped at a stop light. It used to cool down at idle and creep up at cruise. Now it reacts differently with only the change in air flow - minor creep at idle by a few degrees, and cools down at speed. It is progress, and I hope it continues to work this summer.

Ponyakr, the Goodmark shroud IS an OER shroud. In fact, it has the OER sticker and part number on it, at a $21 higher price than the OER piece outright. I called Summit and threw the BS flag. They refunded me the difference.

The OER shroud wasn't horrible, but just wasn't as rigid as a factory shroud. That can be a problem when softer plastic warps and gets shaved by a fan blade. I had to trim it on the top edge and the corner at the lower hose. I also had to do some creative mounting because my fan would have shredded it if I used the factory L bracket to hold the shroud.