Old 10-04-2016, 03:25 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 1980 Grand Am on the block: Katy, Texas

Since this forum has been so dead in the last six months, I thought I'd post it here instead of the LOBBY.
This is not my car. Nice resto-mod on what appears to be a very clean Texas car.
Wish I could have found one this clean 15 years ago. Except it is my least favorite '80 GA color: Baniff Blue.
http://classicvehicleslist.com/ponti...s-96-more.html

There is another one the same color, also in Texas, that has typical faded paint and more original on the 2040-cars.com website.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Suspended

I didn't see a price fro the car, does anyone know how much ?

Old 10-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Senior Chief

I think it is ~$6,000

Here's another one. I know a little about it. At least the previous owner in upstate NY bought an 80 parts car from me..
Only thing I would do to this one is install the correct 80 tail lights....which are "almost" impossible to find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Gran...m=162224185179
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	438009  

Old 10-05-2016, 12:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowapub View Post
I think it is ~$6,000

Here's another one. I know a little about it. At least the previous owner in upstate NY bought an 80 parts car from me..
Only thing I would do to this one is install the correct 80 tail lights....which are "almost" impossible to find.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Gran...m=162224185179
Nice.
That could very well be a one of one, they way it's optioned. I don't think I've ever seen a column shift in an '80 before. In addition, that is only the second one I can remember with the factory moonroof. The first '80 GA I ever looked at in person had the moonroof. That may have had a bench seat also but I don't remember. That was back in 1986 and it was a platinum silver example.
Did Randy's GA have the column shift? I remember it didn't have a tilt wheel.

As for those tail lights; A couple hours with painter's tape and a good quality gloss black aerosol will convert base '80 Lemans tail lamps into Grand Am units.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It's uncanny how many of these are coming out of the woodwork just now.
Here's another well preserved black one in Washington.
http://www.2040-cars.com/Pontiac/Gra...-made--584400/

I forgot to mention that if I had my druthers, I'd want one without the moonroof. I really like the looks of the Landau roof on these. If I could go back and order one new, I'd try to get a black Landau on an Agate red Grand Am. I wonder if there were any made with that combo.

This is the first Baniff blue GA w/Landau I've ever seen:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Baniff blue landau Chelsea_Cain.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	438049  

Old 10-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Senior Chief

How about a landau top with the moon roof?
The black 80 was painted ~3 years ago. It came from Washington state, to upstate NY, to Schenectady and now in New Jersey.

If this car wasn't black, I'd find a way to buy it.

Randys 80 (my old 80) had the bucket seats and console.

Honestly, I think the 2040 site collects adds and posts them. Some of the adds are extremely old. No prices and no contact information.

Lightfoot, I sold an Agate Red 80 to a guy in Canada. He is currently doing a frame off restoration. No Landau or astro roof, but otherwise totally loaded.
After enlarging the Ebay add photos, the black 80 does have the correct tail lights....