Old 05-21-2020, 02:36 PM
Senior Chief

Default Couple of Brake Questions

For reference, my GTO is a 64 hard top with front brakes converted to disc and rear drum.

First question is about rear brake lines. The picture attached shows my rear line ends short of the dual master cylinder and there's a frankenstein link that looks home made. Wondering if there is a rear brake line made by anyone that would go all the way to the MC.

Second question is about sourcing a bolt on dual diaphragm booster, I'm chasing hard pedal and my motor only generated 13-14. Is there anyone out there making a kit? I don't want to cobble something together.

Thanks
Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	540683   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	540684   Click image for larger version

Name:	image01.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	540685   Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	540686  

Old 05-21-2020, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you want a full length line from front too rear I would suggest Nicopp line by the roll and flare it yourself. I'm sure you know that the factory installed the lines on a bare chassis and without the body in the way it's much easier to install a full line front to rear.

If you want the brakes to work properly either a vacuum assist pump, an auxiliary vacuum reservoir, or hydroboost unit to combat the low vacuum.

Diesels have this problem, and have solved it with an auxiliary vacuum pump because they have no engine vacuum, or sidestepped the problem and assisted the brakes with a hydraulically assisted booster.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: