Old 05-25-2020, 11:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default PHS Wheel cover

On my PHS it does not show what wheel or wheel cover can on my 65. Would that mean it came with a standard steel wheel with the poverty cap?

Old 05-25-2020, 05:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, thats right.

But, i would always double check the breakdown for each of the option code numbers listed on the form - to the option code descriptions - and make sure none were overlooked.

Old 06-21-2020, 04:29 PM

Mine doesn't have a wheel cover listed either, luckily I like the poverty caps and already picked up a set years ago

Old 06-21-2020, 06:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I first bought my '64 back in 1992, I was sure I was going to put the '64 spinners on it. But after getting the PHS and learning that the spinners didn't come with the car, I decided to go with the poverty caps.

Looking back, I'm glad I did. I was able to go from 14" rims to 15" rims and now run 17" rims with the same poverty cap and still look relatively "stock"...

Old 06-26-2020, 02:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One extra insight. When no full wheel cover was optioned, the steel wheel was painted a specific complementary color to go with the Exterior paint color.

Many exterior colors used the Black wheel as the complementary color but some exterior colors used a handful of other color choices with the standard "poverty" type hubcaps.

All full wheel cover optioned builds used the Black wheel.

Check the Paint box on your '65 Billing History Card. The 3rd character is the Wheel Color, "A" is the code for the common Starlight Black.

The 3rd character Wheel Color Code may also be on the firewall Data Plate but this varied by Plant, at least in '64.

Old 06-26-2020, 04:53 PM

John V is correct. I looked at my build card and it has WWA for the paint codes. Bluemist Slate and black wheels. Thanks John.