Old 05-08-2004, 03:36 PM

I just sold a `67 G/P w/Manual Drum brakes to a guy that wants to tranfer the front Disc brake system from a `71 LeMans to it-so- will it fit? Spindles different? I should know this but just can`t remember. Also turned him on to site-has some good stuff.

Old 05-08-2004, 03:36 PM

I just sold a `67 G/P w/Manual Drum brakes to a guy that wants to tranfer the front Disc brake system from a `71 LeMans to it-so- will it fit? Spindles different? I should know this but just can`t remember. Also turned him on to site-has some good stuff.

Old 05-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

GP brakes from 1969 to 1972 fit the 1964 to 1972 "A" body. 1969 AND 1970 "B" body (pos. thru 1972) will fit the 1963-1968 GP.

Old 05-09-2004, 04:42 PM

So, are you saying that `71 LeMans Disc. set up will fit ?

Old 05-10-2004, 05:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

'67-72 GM A-body disc brakes will not fit on '68 & earlier GP'S which were built on B series chassis.

For easy fit discs for the '65-68 GP & '65-70 Pontiac B series, one would be best served using the single piston caliper disc brakes off a mid '68-70 Pontiac Bonneville, Executive, or Catalina. This set-up is only the same on Pontiacs. Buicks, Chevys, Olds, all used their own specific spindle, rotors & calipers on the pre '71 B series disc cars & will not swap between other lines.

Most importantly, make sure when sourcing the used Pontiac rotors for this swap, that one finds THICK rotors with such a set-up, as the rotors are not reproduced, & are near impossible to find. These rotors actually fit back through the '67 Pontiac B series 4 piston disc set-ups. Though the '67 through mid '68 Pontiac B series used 4 piston disc calipers, & even rebuilt, one will often have problems with them. Good luck on your search.