THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 11:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

North Carolina goes into the heavy duty mandatory Stay-Home, Monday at 5pm.
No more than 10 at any gathering etc... it was 50
Probably what majority of states have already had enacted.
Through April 28, until further notice otherwise.

My brother runs a hospital in Rochester NY and they are overwhelmed.
Also big problems with supply chain of basic essential supplies like masks and gloves.
Whole different ballgame up there

Old 03-27-2020, 11:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by avman View Post
THAT is where the majority of the concern SHOUD be.
No hair on fire from the ANNUAL death in the 10s of thousands EVERY YEAR from influenza.
There's an agenda behind the hype.
I agree with this, and, I believe there is more to this whole "pandemic" than meets the eye.

I have six siblings and thirty cousins that live in every state on the east coast from New York to Florida, and I myself in the Midwest along with a few in Texas and Oklahoma.

Not a SINGLE one has contracted Covid-19 or know of anyone PERSONALLY who has. And this doesn't include the multitude of friends and aquaintancies that I have less frequent contact with.

I also wonder why there is no mention of ethic mix when it comes to defining the most vulnerable. I'm sure that such a revelation would probably lead to more "racist" proclamations and such, but I think that would be vital in nailing down where our emphasis should be focused.

The Following User Says Thank You to pont3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
We were told we would have a letter if va goes into lockdown... we produce "stuff" used my the military and medical field.. we are on a 24hr turn around time as of now for either.
Yep. We get those every year. "Letter of Access". I work for the city water system. We go through hurricane season every year. So, we stay with those. If you don`t show up for work during a hurricane, they say, stay home.

Old 03-28-2020, 01:56 AM
Senior Chief

In Sweden they only test hospitalized, hospital personel and dead as the disease is spread uncontrolled in the society hence are the deathtoll numbers the only figures that counts. The key word we hear all the time is heard imunity.....
The numbers are as of 27/3 3046 infected, 92 deaths and 214 in intensive care.
The worst area is Stockholm with 1300 infected and 60 deaths. The problem is that the Stockholm city people are still going to ski resorts up north or fleeing to their summer houses spreading the infection and adding stress to the medical resources in the small municipalities which makes the locals react. The business is good but if you get sick there will be less chance of getting help as the summer guests will also occupy the local hospital.
The high schools and universities are closed but all other schools and kindergartens etc are still open. Crowds over 50 people are forbidden effective from 27/3 but with an exception for stores and workplaces etc. The general recommendation is that if you hav any symptoms of a cold or flu like a runny nose or soar throath you should stay at home from work or school.
I was told that I was not welcome to work due to a runny nose and mild soar throath, no fever, and that I had to call in sick. You are welcome back when you have been symtom free for 48 hours. Been home for a week and a half now but should be fit to get back to work on Monday but I guess people will walk in wide circles around me or avoid me.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
Heybuck, the reason our postive numbers are higher is because more people are being tested,
I just posted a thread in The Clubhouse. Posted it there because it may be deemed as "Political" so I'm abiding by the rules and not posting it here.

Heading is "Planet America Fireside Chat"

Old 03-28-2020, 12:11 PM

The flu kills thousands of people a year and and there is a known vaccine, that should worry everyone. Add in Covid 19 with no vaccine and this is what you get, the health care system stretched to it’s limits. I can only imagine how terrible it is dying from Covid 19, basically drowning on land gasping for air.
The beginning of March there were 50 cases of Covid 19 now there are over 100,00., hype I think not. Every major news source is reporting the same news even Fox News. Hopefully cases do not spike in late May as data

Old 03-28-2020, 10:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lots are coming NORTH to campsites that are closed, etc.Down in RI there are issues.
[IMGhttps://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=535627&d=1585447622[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200328-214256_Gallery.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	535627  

Old 03-28-2020, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242177P View Post
And the People's Republic isn't exactly known for being forthright about their failures.
BINGO!!

Dr. Thomas Sowell
The Following User Says Thank You to hurryinhoosier62 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
The flu kills thousands of people a year and and there is a known vaccine, that should worry everyone. Add in Covid 19 with no vaccine and this is what you get, the health care system stretched to it’s limits. I can only imagine how terrible it is dying from Covid 19, basically drowning on land gasping for air.
The beginning of March there were 50 cases of Covid 19 now there are over 100,00., hype I think not. Every major news source is reporting the same news even Fox News. Hopefully cases do not spike in late May as data
Instead of sounding hysterical why don’t you look further than the headlines? WHY are U.S. case of COVID-19 increasing? More Americans are being tested. The current infection rate is running around 13-14%. 85% of these will have mild to moderate symptoms. WHERE do I get my facts? I sleep with a medical professional every night.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hurryinhoosier62 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 11:44 AM
Senior Chief

Exclamation

Thanks for adding to worthwhile data.
Both me and my wife work in healthcare, and she is dealing with COVID-19 patients every day!
The V.A. hospital got the FIRST COVID-19 patient in Louisiana, and unless the patient has some rare contraindication to use hydroxychloroquine and azithromyacin, THOSE LONG USED, OFTEN PRESCRIBED, overall VERY safe record of use drugs are proving to be completely effective!
Also, understand that the data is now being revised, especially the % of those who get infected with COVID-19, and the % of those who die. By testing for antibodies, and other testing parameters, the total number of people who have had COVID-19 can be estimated, and THAT is the critical data to determine how fatal it is.
"influenza — known as the common flu — has infected as many as 45 million Americans since October and killed as many as 46,000, according to estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."
PERSPECTIVE!

The Following User Says Thank You to avman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The stance that we shouldn't make a big deal about this ignores the pandemic aspect. There will be plenty of time for back study (forensic) data analysis after we are over the wave. Calling fellow Pontiac people "hysterical" is unbrotherly, demeaning, and exaggerated. Concern is not hysteria. It is great being "calm" about this. Being "intolerant" is another thing.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There should be NO comparison to the Flu!

Excerpt:

Quote:
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm

The cumulative burden of influenza is an estimate of the number of people who have been sick, seen a healthcare provider, been hospitalized, or died as a result of influenza since October 01, 2018. CDC does not know the exact number of people who have been sick and affected by influenza because influenza is not a reportable disease in most areas of the United States. However, these numbers are estimated using a mathematical model, based on observed rates of laboratory-confirmed influenza-associated hospitalizations.
If they use that modeling for the Corona Virus it would be at least ten times more for Covid-19, like tens of millions dying.

It would be like the model the Intelligence Committee got back in January, which made most of them sell all their Millions of dollars in stock before it became known.

The rate of infections is logarithmic.
From '5' when it's under control to over 120,000 cases now. (still under control ). These become 240,000 in couple days to 480,000, then 960,000, etc in week or so. (if no following the medical rules, 6' apart, unnecessary interactions,etc)

These are documented actual cases not estimates based on a mathematical formula on estimates like the flu cases.

It's the lackadaisical attitudes of many who think its not a problem so don't do anything to keep from spreading it around.
Without massive testing to determine where the people are with it, it will keep on spreading.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 03-29-2020, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb The Irony

This thread is growing at the same rate as the Speculation about the Subject Matter.

If the actual Deaths that were reported in this country warranted the Speculation - perhaps it would be justified.

303 million folks live in the lower (48) states.

I would wager the number of suicides directly related to the Response to this far exceed the Medical losses by the virus.

The new drug & alcohol addicts created by the Response to this far outweigh the folks being treated.

The Response is what is destroying our Country economically - socially - health-wise.

Jim

Old 03-29-2020, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
The stance that we shouldn't make a big deal about this ignores the pandemic aspect. There will be plenty of time for back study (forensic) data analysis after we are over the wave. Calling fellow Pontiac people "hysterical" is unbrotherly, demeaning, and exaggerated. Concern is not hysteria. It is great being "calm" about this. Being "intolerant" is another thing.
Anthony, many of the posts on here ARE “hysterical”. My wife is the divisional VP of clinical for a major senior living community corporation. In layman’s terms, she’s the divisional chief nursing officer.Her division is MI, WI, IL, IN, OH, PA, NJ and DE. Out of 5,000 resident and 5,000+ staff they have ONE positive case of COVID-19; ONE. When I see folks vapidly opining about the “skyrocketing” number of cases of COVID-19, it galls me that people refuse to remove their blinders long enough to research REALITY. IF you have underlying conditions AND you’re over sixty COVID-19 COULD be life threatening. For the vast majority of Americans? NO. It will make you sick for a few days but that is it. Does ANYONE actually believe the Chinese told the truth about their number of infections and deaths? I have seen CREDIBLE estimates at up to 750,000 Chinese died as a result of COVID-19. You ARE aware that the Chinese are no longer testing for COVID-19?

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 03-29-2020, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Calm down, people - this is a place for discussion of the issue. Don't turn it into an argument about whether it's is a big deal or not, or if it's some country's fault or not, or if there's a government coverup, or any of that kind of stuff or I'll have to close the thread.

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 08:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The "bird" flu was going to kill everybody, there was no quarantine, or mandatory shutdowns, and now you hear nothing about it. The "swine" flu was going to kill everybody, there was no quarantine, or mandatory shutdowns, and now you hear nothing about it. One of the worst things about this disease that's going to kill everybody, is it's setting a blueprint for every other coming disease that's going to kill everybody. We can expect widespread panic, hoarding, mandatory shutdowns, quarantine, government handouts, next time somebody sneezes.

The Following User Says Thank You to cdrookie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 08:41 PM

Hysterical cmon everything I said was fact, look at the numbers. Is President Trump being hysterical when he said in his press conference, 100,000 may die at the end of this. Dr Fauci estimates 100,000 to 200,000 may lose their lives when it is said and done. I keep seeing people trying to downplay this but this is serious. The flu is bad and this has the potential to be worse just ask the President. POTUS also said June 1st is when things might return to normal, just like I have heard. People need to listen and stay home, we are all in this together. Time to panic no, time to take this serious and think of others yes.

Old 03-29-2020, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Time to panic no, time to take this serious and think of others yes.

This!

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 03-29-2020, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On March 26 i posted - gas was $1.49
today March 29 it is down to $1.39

The grades go up by 30 cents
89 is $1.69
93 is $1.99

.357 Magnum Hollow Points (off-brand/brass cases) $20 box of 50
9mm Hollow Points (off-brand/brass cases) $25 box of 50

Toilet Paper - still Sold Out , since March 22 (walmart)

Old 03-29-2020, 09:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think it was an interesting point about the suicides from the shut down could in the end out weigh the deaths from the virus.

I will say I am eating more and drinking a lot more in my garage with my neighbor!

The Following User Says Thank You to 1965gp For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread